The Signs in History Class (Story V.)

"All right!" the history teacher, Mr. France, yells above the noise of the class. "Today we're going to talk about the Judiciary! How fun!" 

"Sure, Mr. France," the class drones. 

"SO MUCH FUN!" someone from the back shouts. 

Mr. France starts his lecture enthusiastically, which, to everyone, was hilarious because no one payed attention to his lectures at all. To be honest, the class could function with or without Mr. France. 

Aquarius rolls her eyes and flips through her notes. She wrote pages of them and stayed up FOREVER to write them. She needs that A in history. "History is so boring, oh my gosh Mr. France." 

Mr. France starts sloppily writing on the board. "So there are multiple branches. Who runs the judiciary?"

No one answers him. 

"No one? Anyone?"

After at least a minute someone finally answers him. Libra didn't notice. She was too busy doodling in her notebook. Her history notebook is full of little drawings of stick figures, flowers, seashells, and other random things. Plus the messages and doodles of Aries when she got a hold of it. Libra was glad that Mr. France didn't call on her often- her strategy was to just keep quiet. 

Taurus was right behind Libra. She could honestly care less about history. Mr. France lets the students bring food into the classroom, so Taurus decided to take advantage of this privilege and bring goldfish into class. Behind her open notebook is a book that she'd been wanting to finish. Unfortunately she'd forgotten her art supplies- "DAMMIT I KNEW I'D LEAVE IT AT HOME"- so she just took the opportunity to finish her book while occasionally shooting Mr. France a death glare or two. All of the signs weren't big fans of this teacher in particular. 

"Whatcha reading?" Gemini asks, leaning over to see. Gemini was one of the troublemaker boys who talked alot during class. Taurus bit her lip. 

"Oh, it's...um..."

"Duuuude, you have to see this!" Sagittarius says, nudging Gemini. Taurus breathes a sigh of relief. Sagittarius and Gemini were good friends. Sagittarius is another one of the troublemakers, and he usually snuck his phone into class. From what usually comes out of it, the other signs just assume that they look at random sites and weird conspiracies all class long. Taurus sighs, shakes her head, and keeps reading and eating her goldfish.

"LEO GIVE ME MY PENCIL CASE BACK!" Cancer whines. Leo and Gemini were always out to get her stuff, and she was annoyed. Leo bears a smirk on his face and hides it behind his back. Desperately Cancer tries to make a grab for her supplies but she misses. Sighing, she lets him keep it and just asks Aquarius for a pen. 

"Aquarius, can you help me with this?" Capricorn nudges her friend. She'd decided to do her math homework in history. Math is usually one of her stronger points, but Aquarius is way better at it than her. 

Aquarius nods and begins to help. 

Meanwhile, Pisces was poking his friend Scorpio. It appeared to Pisces that his friend had fallen asleep. He covers his mouth to silence his laughter. Scorpio had pulled up his hood and rested his head on his arms. Pisces was pretty much rolling around in his chair laughing. 

"Virgo! Virgo!"

Virgo looks up. "Hm?"

Pisces shrieks silently. "Look at Scorpio!" he says around his silent hyena laughter. 

One look has Virgo laughing. Unfortunately, he forgot that it was supposed to be silent, and Virgo has a very loud laugh. Everyone goes quiet and stares at him. 

"...Virgo? Is everything okay?" Mr. France turns around and looks at Virgo with one eyebrow arched. 

He got the message and immediately stopped. After clearing his throat, Virgo says quietly, "Yes, Mr. France," and resumes being the quiet kid. 

Aries leans over and taps Virgo's shoulder. "What was that all about?" 

Virgo chuckles slightly and subtly points to Scorpio. "Look, he's asleep!" 

She covers her mouth to block her laughs. "Seriously??" 

He nods.  

"I'm so done with this class," Aries pouts, looking at her notes. She took notes but she never understood the material. Even if she did, she didn't enjoy it. Not one bit. 

Virgo laughs. "This lesson is pretty boring, isn't it?" 

Aries nods in agreement. 

"Oh, and I wanted to talk about the Unit Project!" Mr. France says suddenly. 

Everyone gives an audible sigh.

"Are you serious?" Capricorn and Aries hiss under their breaths.

"Seriously, Mr. France?" Capricorn whines.

"We just finished the last one!" Aries yells. 

"Calm down, calm down. Geez! You are all going to die a horrible early death if you keep stressing like this!" Mr. France's eyes bug out of their sockets. He goes on to describe the new unit project and chooses to ignore the 12 eye-daggers being shot out at him.

After about 10 minutes, class is done.  Mr. France puts down the marker with finality. "And that's time. Go! Leave! Get out of my classroom!"

And in a blink of an eye, all of the signs race for the door. 

"FREEDOM!" Leo shouts, and all the other signs laugh and race to homeroom.

A/N:

OMG WHAT'S THIS? A STORY UPDATE? WOAH ANNA I NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D MAKE ONE OF THESE EVER AGAIN!

Lol hey guys. It's been, what, a million years since I've done a story update. Obviously they're alot harder to create, but they're soooo fun. This update's based off of real life, if you can tell. 

Psssttt...guys...we're almost at 5K....just a lil heads up. 

I wonder what I should do for the 5K milestone..hm.. 

Leave your suggestions in the comments, in a message, or in a kik message! Please specify: 

The Signs as ___ (things, events, squads, music video things, you name it, I'll find a way!) or the Signs Doing __ (cooking, at a concert, etc.)

List or Story form? 

Any gender swaps?

Thank you guys so much for reading, commenting, and voting! 

-A <3