Chapter 7

Finally, practice was over. I could hardly focus at all, as my sister and a soccer player from FCBMST, Marc Bartra, were watching me from the sidelines. I️ now assume Marc is my sister's boyfriend as well.
Once I get my stuff together, I shyly walk over to my sister.
"Mackenzie!"
"Hey Taylor!"
We both hug for a while and then once we pull apart, I awkwardly ask, "Umm, so who's your friend?" despite that I already know who he is.
"Oh! This was the surprise I was telling you about Kenzie! I am dating someone again, but something tells me you already know who he is.."
I look at Marc and smile. We then shake hands.
"P-Pleasure to meet you Marc."
"Likewise, and I must say, you are a very gifted player," he says in awe.
I blush at his kind words and thank him. I begin to feel nervous around Marc and Taylor, so I try to distract myself and get my water out of my bag, as Marc and Taylor were talking.
"Yeah, she's been playing since she was 8 years old. She joined the sport a little later than most people do, but she sure made up for the lost time. She's actually trying to get better to qualify for the World Cup."
"Really? Hmmm..well maybe my team can help her out. She can come to our practices anytime she'd like!  Maybe she can get some more advanced and one-on-one training as well, from the main players on my team like Messi, Suarez, and even Neymar."
Omg.
When he mentioned Neymar I start to choke on my water. Taylor looks at me and was about to help me, but then I quickly catch my breath. "You really think they could help me?!" I ask, making sure I don't single out Neymar's name. How embarrassing would that be if they knew I freaked out over possibly working with Neymar?
"Oh yeah, for sure!"
"Cool! When's your guys' next practice?"
"Well we like to practice a lot so our break just ended. Our first practice is on Monday. Taylor can give me your number later and I'll text you the details."
"Ok, sounds good.  Thanks, Marc!"
"No problem," he assures, giving me a bright smile.
I'm not going to lie, Taylor has got herself a pretty good looking man, but I don't think I'd ever be genuinely interested in him. Especially when he's dating my sister. I got my eye on his teammate anyway..
I hug my sister and then say goodbye to both her and Marc, and then give Marc the "don't hurt my sister" look, making him laugh nervously. Next, I walk out of the stadium and head home.
Wow. This season is already off to a great start for me. I get to train with the men's FC Barcelona team! The one thing I surely look forward to most is that I get to train with Neymar.