Chapter 30

*Neymar's POV*

It feel like an eternity waiting in that hospital for Kenzie to wake up. Harry and Alexis left a few hours later, while Christine and I slept in the waiting room overnight.  Well .. for me .. I wouldn't exactly say "slept" because I didn't sleep a wink with everything that was on my mind.  I was awake for the sunrise that gleamed through the hospital window.

  I was awake for the sunrise that gleamed through the hospital window

It was worth it. I had to know if she was going to be ok. Last time I checked the clock, it was 6 a.m. Finally, I was just about to doze off, but my favorite voice interrupted me that I heard through the room of the door next to the waiting room.

"Whe-... where am I?"

"Oh God, Mackenzie!" Christine exclaimed, bursting through the door and rushing to her daughter's side. She began to ramble moments after.

"What do you remember? Are you ok? Are you hurt? Can you feel your legs? Omg I can't believe this happened I-"

"Mom," Mackenzie interrupted, "I'm gonna be ok. Obviously I'm in horrible pain, but.. I'll live."

Christine and I both sighed in relief, however I I was barely audible as Mackenzie hadn't noticed I was present yet - and I wasn't sure yet whether I wanted her to or not.

"Well, I'll go call Harry and Alexis, and notify the doctor you're awake as well. I will be back shortly. I love you sweetie," Christine says softly to her daughter as she began to exit the room.

"I love you too, Mom," Mackenzie called out to her with a tight grin. I chose that moment to walk out from the shadow inside the already dim hospital room. Once I came into view, it looked as if the blood drained from her face when she locked eyes with me.

It was evident that she didn't want to see me. How can I blame her? Although I'm selfish, I wanted to see her, to talk to her - even if that means just her yelling at me and ripping my head off for what I've done; and how I've treated her. Although, even since I've grown to get to know Kenzie, she doesn't seem like the aggressive type when she's mad at all. I'll just see how this goes..

"Uhm.. erm ... hi."

She laughed at my awkward greeting, and suddenly I was scared.

"Is there a reason why you're here?" She asked, with that challenging look in her eyes.

"Well, yes I ... I had to make sure you were ok, Mackenzie."

"Physically, or... Emotionally?" she taunted, making me feel like an absolute jerk.

I sighed quietly before I responded, trying to keep ahold of the heavy heart full of regret that is in my chest. "I would like it if you would enlighten me on both."