Chapter 17

*Neymar's POV*
I wake up the next day and pull an outfit on. I go out into the kitchen and then see my son standing with a soccerball.

I smile and walk over to him

I smile and walk over to him. "Hey, Bud," I say cheerfully to him, ruffling his blonde curls sitting on the top of his head. "Hey, Papai!" he greets me, giving me a toothy grin. I love my son, he's everything to me. I don't know what I'd do without him.

I go to make a cup of coffee, and I get a text on my phone. I unlock my phone to see who and what it was.

Marc
The team is having dinner together today. Meet us at the usual Mexican restaurant we go to at 5:00. Everyone is bringing a guest so you can too. Even if it's Davi, he can come. Hope to see you there.

Great. I don't mind the dinner, but bringing a guest? That means Mackenzie's little fruit friend will be there again. Ugh. Whatever. I'm not going to let him bother me. Davi and I will go there and we will have a good time. I then responded to Marc.

I will be there. I will bring Davi as well. See you later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*5 Hours Later*
It's 3:00, 2 hours until I have to be there. I decide to dress nice, and put good clothes on Davi as well. We are wearing matching plain black shirts, matching white pants, and matching black hightops. I'm sitting on the couch watching t.v., and Davi who's sitting next to me asks me a shocking question.

"Papai, are we going to see new mommy tonight?" I freeze in terror. I already know he's talking about seeing Mackenzie at the dinner tonight, but I need to clarify it. He's never met her so he could not know what he's talking about. "Who would that be, Filho?" I say nervously. "The one you cried about," he says innocently. I turn bright red, thinking he probably saw me on the news, balling my eyes out as they display her picture next to me. I'm such a strong man. Ugh.

That's not true. I mean, I like her, but I'm mad at her because she doesn't like me and likes this British idiot. Wow.. I'm really jealous... That doesn't matter though. She's not even my girlfriend. My son doesn't have to know I feel this way about another woman. He was already crushed when things happened with Bruna..... That's in the past now. I'm no longer with her. Something about Mackenzie though, it makes me just not want to give her up to that Harry guy.. She's different from the rest. I want someone like that to call mine.

"Papai?" Davi says awkwardly, still waiting for an answer, making me realized I just zoned out. For a little boy he's quite smart to figure that out. He can't know I like her like that though.... yet. "Oh. Sorry Davi. Anyway what I'm going to say is she isn't your new mommy, just a friend," I say sweetly to him. "Oh, ok!" he says smiling, looking back at the t.v. as I smile at him, thinking how lucky I am to have him.