Chapter 28

What better way to wake up then to feel all sad because you remembered your boyfriend dumped you last night? God only knows if I'll even be able to focus in my next game today.

I should've known that this was bound to happen.  It seems as if I always find myself crying over a boy. Never did I think it would be over this one. It isn't the best feeling, but it's unhealthy to keep it all in 24/7.  So I welcome the familiar feeling of tears running down my face right now, not even caring or trying to hold my feelings in like I always do.

As I brush my teeth and get ready for my 12:00 game, I think about my life, and all the events that have taken place in the past years. I just don't understand what I did to deserve all these negative outcomes. On the other hand, I have many positive things I look forward to everyday: God, family, friends, and soccer. Gosh I don't know what I would do without soccer. It's my life, it's something I use to escape from the real world every now and then. If soccer was taken from me, my life would be over. I just can't picture myself without a soccerball at my feet.

I tug on my boots and then frown at them. I now remember these ones were the kind of boots that were created for Neymar.  He uses these boots in games as well.

Ugh.

I check the time, to make sure I'm not late, and then walk out the door. I hop in my car, not before my phone goes off, alerting me that someone just texted me.

Dani
Good luck at the game! Also, I heard what happened between you and Neymar...  I'm so sorry about that.  It probably won't make you feel any better, but your family, friends, and the whole FCBMST will be there.... So yeah, just wanted to let you know. See you later! Que Deus nos abençoe e nos proteja.
❤️

That last sentence made my head spin. I know he meant no harm by saying, "May God bless us and protect us," and whatnot, but the sentence hit too close to home. Neymar would always post that sentence on Instagram before one of his games. To hear something that reminded me of him was defeating.

"Suddenly all these little things make me think of him," I grumbled to myself as I turn the car on before driving off to the stadium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I warm up with my team, I look around at the crowd.  It's an amazing feeling to think all these people come here just to watch us play.

I can't even imagine that some people come here just to watch me play. 

I look for my family and friends, and a few moments later I lock eyes with my best friend Alexis, with Harry sitting by her side as they both wave frantically at me with cheesy grins on their faces.  I laugh and wave back, realizing my mom was sitting next to Harry, then I see my dad next to my mom.  My eyes widen and my mouth drops as I see that my sister is next to my dad as well, looking down at her phone.

My whole family is here.

I got the biggest smile on my face as I looked at everyone.  I wave at everyone, looking for anyone else that I recognize. I then saw the FCBMST which made me smile as well.  I kept looking and looking, and that's when my smile faltered...

  I kept looking and looking, and that's when my smile faltered