Chapter 10

Neymar
Hey Mackenzie.

Neymar Jr. just said frikin hi to me.. In a text! I have an internal heart attack as I come to the realization that I have Neymar's phone number..
If this had happened to me months ago, I would have freaked out and started laughing and screaming, fan girling and have pride that I have this soccer star's number. Although, things are different now. I am practicing with him and his team, and at the moment from what I assume, he doesn't like me. I look back down at my phone, and realize I haven't responded to him for 30 minutes. I quickly began to reply..

~Hey Neymar.

He almost instantly responded. That was odd.. Was he waiting on his phone for him to text me?
I shake my head at the ridiculous thought. The soccer star would never sit and wait for a girl like me.

Neymar
So you do know who's number this is.. :)

Oh now he puts a smiley face? Didn't he hate me hours ago? Does he still?

~Well yeah, Marc labeled each of the numbers when he gave them to me.

Neymar
Oh, good point.

~So.. is there any reason you texted me? Btw I already have the details for practice. Dani already texted it to me.

Neymar
Of course he did haha. Although, I'm not texting you about practice. I'm texting you about something else.

My heart pounds against my chest in anticipation. What else could he be messaging me for?

~Um.. what exactly?

Neymar
When I went off on you.
Huh, is he gonna apologize? Or..yell at me even more?! Great...

~Oh.. So, what do you wanna say?

Neymar
Ok. I'm going to say this...
Mackenzie, I'm truly sorry for the way I acted and was being mean to you. I should've respected the fact you don't like being called that name. I shouldn't have been so immature for being juked by a female on the field. Thing is, after you scored, you smiled at me.... It just seemed like you were making fun of me. It kinda set me off.

Wow. He apologized after all. I had no idea that that was why he got so mad. I guess I should probably forgive him. He did make an effort to go out of his way to set things right with me..

~Oh.. I had no idea that's what made you so mad. Neymar, I was smiling because I was proud of what I did. I would never make fun of you. At least not in a hurtful way, in a joking way. ;)

Neymar
Oh.. OK. I'm sorry. So, could we start over? At Wednesday's practice?

Start over? He's making it sound like we are a couple that is getting back together!
I wish.
Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

~Sure, I'd like that. :)

Neymar
There is one other thing though Mackenzie...

Huh?

~What is it?

Neymar
Well, I know why the thought of me not liking you hurt you so badly..