Chapter 23

¨Hey, Davi!¨ I say cheerfully as I approach him. He giggled and says hi back. How is this kid so cute?

¨You want to hold him?¨ Neymar asks me.  I raise an eyebrow at him, somewhat nervous about it, considering my lack of experience in holding kids.

¨You want me to hold you, Davi?¨ I ask him.  He nods his head urgently, giving me a cheeky smile while holding his arms out to me.  I smile and carefully take him into my arms as Neymar puts on a jacket.

He instantly wrapped his arms around my neck, leaning his head against my chest.  I smiled down at him.  When I looked back up at Neymar he had the biggest smile on his face.

  When I looked back up at Neymar he had the biggest smile on his face

¨What?¨ I ask him.  He smiles, putting an arm around me.

¨I don't know, I just love the way he reacts to you and the the way you look at him when you hold him,¨ he says, his smile getting even bigger.

¨Oh...,¨ I say blushing.

¨So... do you want to to come over to my house for a little bit?¨

¨Yeah, sure!¨

¨Ok, I'll see you there,¨ he whispers, kissing my cheek while taking back Davi.  Then we went our separate ways, as we walk to our cars.  As I walk towards the exit of the stadium, about 5 news reporters make their way towards me..

On no....

¨Mackenzie, how has your life changed now that you and the soccer star, Neymar Jr, are an item?¨

¨How does it feel to have new fans, because you're connected to him?¨

Why are they asking these type of questions?

I quickly walk out of the stadium before they can bombard me with anymore questions.  I jump in my car, and drive off towards Neymar's house with my mind clouded with disturbing thoughts.

Finally, I get to his house.  I walk up the steps to approach his front door, and I knock.  About 20 seconds later, the door opens, revealing my boyfriend with his son holding his hand by his side.

¨Hey,¨ he says happily.

¨Hi,¨ I say back, halfheartedly.

When he hears the lack of enthusiasm in my voice, he scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion as he lead me into his home.

¨What's wrong?¨

I respond by nodding my head towards his child, signaling that I don't want to talk about it in front of him.  Neymar then made an ¨o¨ shape with his mouth when he realized what I was trying to say without actually speaking.  He then squatted down in front of his son, so he could look him in the eyes.

¨Hey, Bud, why don't you go play with Poker for a little bit?  Kenzie and I are going to talk for a little bit.¨

¨Okay!¨ he replies, running off to the golden retriever.  Neymar then took my hand, taking me to his bedroom to talk.