Chapter 1 - Tris POV

She takes another deep breath, but this time to calm herself. "Okay," She runs her hands down her jeans. "So what am I in for exactly?"

"Skin. Sweat. Music. Money. Think you can handle that?"

"Honestly I'm not sure what to think right now. It feels like a nightmare. A nightmare that I'm getting paid for."

"A nightmare that you're paid to dance for." I smile gently and regain my motherly instincts. "Don't overthink it too much, you'll just drive yourself crazy."

"And if I'm already there?"

"Join the club."

**Hello all! This is a modern day FOURTRIS fanfic. The idea just popped into my head and I had to write it down now before the inspiration disappeared. Sigh... the struggles of writing. Anyhoosers, this idea was inspired by the song Dirty Dancer by Enrique Iglesias. Of course the story won't follow the song all the way through, but... I thought to myself, huh, what would it be like if Tris was a stripper? Odd concept, but I'm going with it. Please be patient with me when it comes to updating; I'm not the most consistent person in the world when it comes to it. So I'm apologizing in advance. My goal though is to update once a week. Also I just wanted to add, that I am making up my own University for them to go to, so no hate please! Now then, without further ado, let the show begin!

**Another side note before you get started! Since this story was originally uploaded to FanFiction.net, this story is rated T, and here it's just known as Not Mature (average of PG-13). That being said, I have had some not so T moments. So... I created a companion/counterpart story to this, it's on my page both here and on FanFiction.net called INTO THE NIGHT M SCENES, which is to be considered Mature (meaning for ages 17 and up. But I'm not the internet police so I can't monitor or deter you from reading it if you're younger - please be safe!). This way, if I have chapters or scenes that are more M than T, they will go on that publication and the milder versions will be on this one. I don't have a real M scene until around Chapter 19, so if you decide that you want to read the M version, just head on over to the other publication and look up the chapter (will be titled Chapter 19) :) I wanted to write a T story, so I didn't move the rating up, just created an optional solution. Whether you want to read it or not is completely up to you - personally, I prefer the M scenes.**

Tuesday, September 16th

The music pounds in my ears. The sound of people cheering, and screaming isn't what pushes me onward. It's the knowledge that I'll have had one of my best tipping nights ever in a while. Two bachelor parties came tonight, one of them with a specific request to see me. Peter made sure they had a private room to view me in.

But now, back out in the main room, in the center of the stage with my counterpart Candy, we grinded on each other until the guys in the room passed out.

Candy of course, isn't her real name, but in this business, we need fake names to avoid creepers. Candy, is the stage name for my roommate and best friend Christina Carlyle. She really is beautiful, and in can understand why a lot of guys want her to dance for them, or do other unsavory things to them, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm currently ranked as the number 1 dancer. Compared to Christina, I may as well be a boy in drag. I have little curve in my hips at best. My skin is pale and sickly unless pounds of makeup are thrown on. My breasts are just barely B-cups and I'm short.

Whereas Christina is like an exotic beauty. Full breasts, curves to die for, long slim legs and dark brown eyes that command a room. She also has quite a mouth on her, however, thanks to the new rules Eric put in, we aren't allowed to talk to the customers unless they pay for it.