Chapter 15 - Four POV

Tuesday November 25th

I don't get jealous. I might brood and be what Zeke refers to as a "party poop", but that's it. Seeing her flirt with Uriah only irritated me because I know what he does for a living. He shouldn't get to flirt around willingly with her. Of all the female population in the Chicago area, why did he have to pick her? No, I'm not jealous. I would have needed to mark my intentions, or at least have her to be properly jealous. Otherwise, it just looks like I'm a wannabe stalker. I don't get jealous.

Watching Tris and Uriah interact as they did almost made me think they've met before, but that's not possible. Uriah practically sleeps during the day and lives at night, unless he's working at the bakery.

But there is one thing that just does not add up. Uriah works at Dauntless, so shouldn't he know better than to go after a girl like Tris? Not that she couldn't handle herself, because I'm sure she could, but she seems so innocent. Then again, that night that Tris collapsed in the Dauntless parking lot raised a lot of questions. I know she couldn't have been there to see Uriah dancing because he was at Zeke's that night. Maybe she was watching the girls dance? More likely she was watching other guys that I don't know about dance.

My face heats up again.

I'm not jealous.

"Hey sour puss." Zeke climbs into the car. A takeout box in his hand. Chocolate frosting on his upper lip.

"Where's Uriah?"

"Still inside."

"Doing what?"

Zeke's upper lip curls into his lower, like it always does when he's reluctant to tell me something. Not to mention he's looking at his cake box with great interest. "Saying goodbye."

"To Shauna?"

"Y-yep." He draws out his words. A sign that he's lying. "Here he is."

Uriah walks up to the car door and hauls himself inside. He's also carrying a cake box, and a smug smile.

"Hello and thank you for waiting." He hands his box up to me. "I thought you might want some cake Four. You didn't eat anything in there. In fact, you were only in there for a minute. Everything okay?"

I don't take the box. "I'm not hungry."

"Clearly." Uriah takes the box back. "You sure that's all? I mean, you looked a bit upset as you stormed out of there."

"I didn't storm."

Zeke snorts. "You were thunder on a clear day dude. What's going on?"

I will my face to remain a normal color. My fist grips the steering wheel harder. "Nothing. Let's drop it." And I start the car.

As I pull out of the lot, I can hear both Zeke's and Uriah's phones buzzing ever so often. One of them laughs, then the other's phone goes off. Then they laugh, and the other phone goes off.

"Seriously?" I groan.

They both stop what they're doing.

"You're texting in the car, to each other."

"Not much escapes you Four." Uriah smirks. My eyes harden at him through the rear view mirror. But his smirk doesn't go away. I've known Uriah too long to not scare him anymore. Damn.

"Why don't you just talk out loud?"

"Didn't think you'd want to hear what we were saying." Zeke says shrugging. "You kinda seemed like you wanted to have some quiet for the time being." His lip curls again.

Into the Nightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें