Chapter 33 - Tris POV

Quick reminder of girls and their stripper names (including only main characters and main supporting characters):

Tris – Raven

Shauna – Bambi

Christina – Candy

Tori – Paris

Marlene – Cherry

Lynn – Luscious

Myra – Glimmer

Lily – Sapphire

Cara - Trinity (Erudite)

This chapter is written in time, so pay attention to all the times that show up so as not to get confused! They are mostly in order, but some time skips are noteworthy.

Disclaimer: There are various locations mentioned in this chapter that are real, not mine.

The whole chapter is written in Tris's POV.

~purplestar613**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 31st

11:20 PM

My hands won't stop shaking. They're clammy and it's hard to make a full fist. If I could just get my nails to dig into my palms, even just a little, maybe it would help. I watch as the clock strikes every new second with vigor. Something feels wrong.

Tuesday, December 30th

1:57 PM

I think I could watch Tobias just sleep for the rest of my life and be happy with it. He looks more like a 15 year old boy than a 23 year old man with his eyes closed gently, no worry lines on his forehead, his mouth slightly hung open. And what is it with guys radiating heat 24/7? I swear his body runs at least ten degrees warmer than mine on any given occasion. Maybe it's the testosterone. Maybe I would have learned it had I gone into Biology like Susan suggested. Susan. I hope she's doing alright. I haven't seen her for a few weeks. Robert too. In a way, it's nice not to see them since they remind me so much of my past. At the same time, how do I not feel like a horrible person for not seeking them out to at least say hello?

I crawl out of bed with Tobias still out cold and realize that my muscles are sore from last night's activities, and I am partially naked... When did that happen?! I don't remember much of coming home last night, or I suppose this morning, since I think I was already half asleep towards the end of our fighting session at the gym. All I'm wearing is a pair of underwear. Did I sleep next to Tobias like this all night? Did he undress me, or did I? I focus on taking deep breaths so as to try and control my emotions from flying off the front end of the handlebar. Tobias is still mostly dressed and that makes me feel a little better.

After putting on some sweats and a long sleeve shirt from my clean laundry pile that remains unfolded, and stretching out my back – getting it to pop successfully – I noticed the book Tobias had given me on our date last night sitting on my desk. My hands ghost over the book as though it were hot to touch. Something about it just feels so mysterious. I want to open it right away, but I don't want to disturb Tobias as he continues to sleep in my bed. We both have queens, but my bed looks so much smaller with him in it compared to his own bed.

I slowly open my bedroom door and close it behind me as quietly as I can manage, book in hand. Also sure not to wake Christina up if she were still asleep. Then again, no one should really be asleep past noon. As I walk into the living room, I notice her bedroom door slightly ajar. I decide to peek inside, and see no Christina. She must be over at Will's.