Cole

Dear diary,

Today when I woke up, I heard my dad talking to someone on the phone in the kitchen.

"Why the hell did you tell her? We promised to let them find out themselves."

He let the other person talk, sitting there quiet. His eyes then got wide. "She's what!?" He sounded mad.

I then walked in to the kitchen, looking at him. "What's wrong, dad?"

"Hey Cole. Nothing is wrong."

"I know something has to be wrong, I heard you talking to whoever that is."

"Let me call you back." He hung up the phone and set it on the counter.

"Sit down, Cole." He said, pointing at the chair.

I did what I was told. "What's happening?" I asked, looking confused.

"There is something I have to tell you."

"Alright, tell me."

He sighed. "Remember all the pictures you saw of your mom and yourself? Then there was a little girl that she held also?"

I nodded my head, still confused.

"Well, that's your mother holding you. And the girl beside you is your sister. Your twin sister, her name is Jessica."

My mouth dropped. "What? Why didn't you tell me before when I asked?"

"I was scared. We both knew you would find out eventually, but last night your mother took it upon herself to tell Jessica after she told your mother she is pregnant."

"My twin sister is pregnant?"

"Yes."

I became mad. Even though I don't know who she is, my brotherly instincts kicked in. "I'll kill the guy."

"No need to do that." He said. He rubbed his hands together. "You will get to meet her this weekend. She lives an hour away from us, but your mother is bringing her down."

I nodded my head. I couldn't believe what I was just told. I had so many questions, but probably never had enough time. Why wasn't I told about this a long time ago? Why did our parents split? And so many more.

Life is a mysterious thing. As time goes on, you find out new things. Things that will change your life, either for the good or for the better.

Love always,

The broken image of a boy named Cole.