Cole

Dear diary,

Right now I am lying in bed, thinking about everything that my life has been like in the past week. It's crazy from finding out your girlfriend cheating on you to finding out you have a twin sister that is pregnant.

I didn't visit Candice today because I thought we should take a break from seeing each other for a couple days. Yes, we are dating, but we aren't going to see each other for a couple days. We both need a break.

My whole day has gone in a blur. But then again, the summer has begun to go as fast as possible. I don't like it.

I got up and started to tip-toe down the stairs. It was around midnight, so my dad was sleeping. I felt around, making my way down to the kitchen. When I stepped on the cold floor, I turned on the floor and jumped. My dad was sitting there.

"Why you up so late, dad?"

"I can ask you the same question." he said back to me.

I sat down beside him. "What's up? You never stay up this late."

He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Nothing. Too much to explain."

"I have all night."

He sat there for a minute, silent. Not knowing what to say to me or how to start. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked over at me. "I'm sorry for never telling you about everything, Cole. I didn't mean to wait till your sister was pregnant. I didn't even want her to be pregnant or you having to wait this long. I'm such a worthless--"

"No, dad. You aren't. I'm thankful for knowing now. It would have been cool to know I had a sister and have her in my life since I was little, but life is weird. It takes you in a roller coaster style. You have twist and turns and you never know what's going to happen next."

He smirked. "You are smart, kiddo."

I smiled and hugged him. "Learned from the best."

He stood up and started walking. He turned around and smiled. "Goodnight." he said.

"Night, dad." I smiled.

He walked out the kitchen and I heard his footsteps going up the stairs. I walked to the fridge and got a Coca-Cola. I headed back up to my room.

I laid in my bed and rested my head on my pillow. I took a sip of my Coke and set it on the stand. For a minute, I didn't know what to do; should I stay up or should I sleep?

I laid there for a minute, deciding what to do. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.