42.

"Cheers!" We all said, clattering our bottles of beer together. After a long day of running errands and doing duties, Sebastian suggested we all go out into the city. I had insisted for him to go out with the guys alone. He could use socializing with other people besides the people he works with or me. But he convinced me to join. He felt certain Santiago and Zander wouldn't mind one bit if I tagged along. Deep down I knew why he was pressuring me to go out, with the sad news of another failed pregnancy attempt, he wanted to keep me busy.

He was avoiding having me in tears and cursing at myself for not being able to conceive a child.

I took a long chug of beer and watched around the small atmosphere bar/club we were in. It felt tad weird being out in the city acting like commoners. By law-(The Royal Counsel) we have to have maximum security around us at all times, yet Sebastian and I tend not to follow those rules. With greater responsibilities comes the urge and the privilege to break them. Although Sebastian and I don't have much of friends. Candace and Helen left Spain to study in America. Esther and Delilah are in Barcelona and we haven't seen them since Sebastian parent's left the city. We still manage to sneak out every now and then for a night out in the city, without having bodyguards.

"So how does it feel to be King?" Santiago asked Sebastian with a sly smirk on his face.

Sebastian smirked. "Exactly what I expected, hell."

Zander chuckled. "I thought the mighty Sebastian could do anything?" He questioned.

His remark made Sebastian look my way. "That was before I met her." He said. Santiago and Zander gave each other a grin knowing a silly unprepared girl, tore down Prince Sebastian glory pride.

I looked down at the table, feeling my cheeks turn red.

"You two seem ideal for each other and you're doing a wonderful job ruling Spain." Santiago responded, chugging down the remaining of his beer.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Zander pushed aside the empty bottle and grabbed another beer from the bucket in the middle of the table. Opening it he took a sip and said,"How do you like being a ruler though? Must be hard to adapt to from the lifestyle you had before."

"It was at first. Going from being an ordinary girl to Spain's Princess was a hard transition. Even now with the new title and responsibilities sometimes it gets really overwhelming." I confessed.

I don't think I'm ever going to adjust to this life. Not that I don't like it but it's a life I never imagined. Some people would be thrilled to be in my shoes but you don't understand the sacrifice I had to make. I'll never go to college and learn the college lifestyle. My knees will never get scraped from my bad choices. Why? In a life like this people are here to pick me up before I get the chance to fall. In all honesty, I haven't begun living my life. Adalyn Haynes life was put to a halt and Adalyn Cortez took her place. And this girl tries very hard to keep the old me out. The old me isn't needed in this life. I can't continue wondering of what could have been of me without becoming a Princess.

"Why don't you go to college? Try to get the thrill of a semi-ordinary lifestyle?" Santiago asked me.

Sebastian shook his head. "She wouldn't have time. From the moment we wake up, to the last minute our eyes are open we are doing things for this country. Going to college would be another task I don't think she can handle."

"Is that what you think?" Zander raised a brow.

No...Yes. Sebastian right, our schedule is packed as it is. I don't have time to go to college even if I wanted too.

"I think he's right. I know what I was getting into when I agreed to marry Sebastian."

Although at the time I had not much of a choice. Even now, if I did I wouldn't change my decision to be with him. A regular lifestyle is one thing I'm okay missing out on. In not miserable being the Queen, I'm happy being married to Sebastian. I'm glad things turned out this way.