76.

Adalyn's Point Of View

I don't like thinking of him for too long, if I do my chest begins to hurt. Sebastian's the type of heartbreak you never get over—he's my first heartache. I remember Tony telling me when we were in high school our first love was always going to be the hardest to get over. I laughed at him for what he told me, naive me truly believed the person I ended up dating was going to be my forever. To bad my forever never came with Sebastian.

"Are you okay?" Mateo questioned snapped me out of my own thoughts. I stopped playing with my salad and glanced up.

"Yeah." I chuckled embarrassedly. "I think I might be jet lagged."

I wasn't lying to Mateo, the flight did make me feel exhausted and fatigue. When we arrived to Cancun all I wanted was to check into our hotel room and knock out, but Mateo insisted for us to go to dinner.

He frowned. "I should've let you rest."

"It's okay. I'm pretty excited to be here" I responded looking over into the ocean. Mateo had made reservations at one of the restaurants in the resort and asked for the table outlooking the ocean. The sun was barely going down so it reflected into the deep blue sea. It was a nice scenery to experience for my first night here.

"We could go walk down the beach after dinner if you like." Mateo suggested with a small smile.

I nodded. "I'd love too." I smiled back.

These past few weeks wouldn't have been as great without Mateo. He shared the same views as I did and we spent most of our days talking. I've learned he has been all over the world and loves learning about different cultures. He seems to yearn for the taste of freedom as much as I do. The small things tend to amaze him and I like that about him. He's humble.

Money doesn't define him nor does his background. He is finding himself along the way not caring what anyone has to say. He's responsible, he goes off to attend meetings for his father when he is needed. He speaks to everyone with respect. The guy is truly an angel. Almost too good to be true, but I can tell his heart is pure.

It's hard to think we met each other at bar drinking out of the difficulty of our breakups. Who knew alcohol was going to be the thing that brought us together. I've been wanting to ask about his ex-girlfriend since I've seen him ignore a few of her calls. By what I have been able to over hear from the voicemails she's left him, she's pretty distraught due to the breakup.

"Seriously, you must have a lot on your mind tonight." Mateo dragged me out of my thoughts again. I looked down at the sand, my blood rushing to my cheeks out of embarrassment. I was zoning out unintentionally, this is what happens when I stare too long at pictures of Sebastian. My head tends to go into a deeper part of my self-conscious.

Believe me, so far he had been the last thing crossing my mind.

"Im sorry." I muttered.

He chuckled softly, "It's no big deal. It would be nice to know what you're thinking about though, maybe I can help ease your mind."

I shook my head, disagreeing. "There isn't anything to ease. It's one of those days where my mind is on overdrive."

He pouted and nodded. "Hm, you're thinking about Sebastian?" He smirked a bit.

"Not in that type of way though.." I quickly said. "I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to love someone after him. That's all."

As silly as it sounds it was my biggest concern , what if I'm not able to love anyone because of Sebastian? In reality, I question myself if I ever did love him. He made moving on look easy, I'm not sure if we were in love or delusional. We could have felt pressured to be in love we began to believe we were.

Mateo gave me a odd look. "Everyone is able to love again once they are ready to let love in."

I stopped walking and kept staring at him. "Was your ex-girlfriend was she your childhood love?" I finally asked.

He stopped walking and turned to look at me. "It's going to be one of those nights." He laughed. He took off the jacket he had on and motioned for us to sit down on the sand. He placed the jacket over my shoulders and took a seat next to me.

"To answer your question, yes she was my first love. We were childhood friends so you can say I've loved her since we were kids."

"So, how did your feelings change so quickly for her? Didn't you expect to love her all your life?" I questioned him. If she truly was his childhood love why give her up?

Mateo ran his fingers through his hair. "People change, Adalyn. You don't stay the same all your life and as people change so do their personalities. When we were younger she was amazing and in high school the popularity got over her head. Don't get me wrong, she has a big heart but she's influenced by what people think of her. I on the other hand, I don't care what people think of me. We live in a world where nothing we do will ever be enough, so I try to give it all I have. So by the end of the day, I am enough for myself." He sighed. "Gisele lost her morals and I stopped loving her for it. We changed."

"Do you plan on loving someone again?" I continued to ask my questions, placing him more on the spot.

He faced me and smiled. "Yeah, I do. What about you, Adalyn. Will you ever let someone else get the chance to love you?"

During the time it seemed like the million dollar question I kept asking myself. The problem was involuntarily, my heart was already letting someone else in. When you have a guy who lets you in into his life rather than shutting you out, your heart begins to open up. My heart was opening up and deep down I knew and I was afraid.

Was I moving on too fast? Was it normal to start liking someone when you only known them for a little over a month? In my head, I didn't want to make myself feel as if Mateo was the rebound. I didn't want to be his rebound either, yet I knew we weren't such things to one another.

"I don't know." I said confused. "Sebastian caused me so much pain, I don't know if I want to go through something like that again."

"You believe in happy endings don't you?" He asked me curiously.

I shrugged. "The Princess was suppose to live happily ever after and here I am. Divorced and in Cancun with another man."

He burst out into a laughter. "Seriously, don't you feel as if you deserve a happing ending?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I do, so what is your point here?"

"You have hope and Princess where there is hope there is s chance for anything to happen." He flashed me a smile.

"So tell me Mateo, in this logic of yours, do we find happiness?" I raised a brow.

"Adalyn, in my logic you become my happiness." He blurted out.

The color of his face quickly drained as he realize what he just said. I stared at him with the same stunned expression.

Okay.
***
As much as a backstabber I feel, I'm giggling like mad person with Mateo and Adalyn. She deserves happiness to and at this rate the chance of her and Sebastian are 25|100.

Then again who knows. I never truly know how things go in my story I like to change my mind thousand of times and let my heart choose when it's time.