69.

Sebastian Point Of  View

My first encounter with Adalyn didn't go as plan. I didn't mean to lay my hands on her or even act like a complete prick. I suppose those are my consequences for being tipsy while being around her. All my bottled up emotions about her and us starts brewing out when I drink and having her in front of me caused some of those emotions to come out. I wanted to talk to her, apologize for what I said back at the palace, but it's too late now. She went to the charity event with a date and seeing her smiling the way she used to do with me killed me. She genuinely looked happy with the guy.

I grabbed the half empty bottle of whiskey and poured myself a cup. Alcohol makes me miss her less, the hour I am sober all I can think about is how foolish I was to push Adalyn away. It was me who ruined our relationship when all she did was do her rightful duty as a Queen. I didn't understand at first why she sent Libby and Ian away, it wasn't her choice to do so, he is my son. The only person besides me who can decide what happens to him was Libby. I was infuriated by my parents actions and having Adalyn do the same caused me to lose it.

Grabbing the cup I sat down on my chair and stared at the portrait of Adalyn and I at our coronation. She looked stunning that day, she seemed happy and excited to start our new chapter as Royals. Truthfully, I thought from that day forward all we would see would be great and good days. I never imagined something like this would've happened. I drank the whiskey in one gulp, sighing heavily.

There's nothing left I can offer her to get Adalyn to come back. The amount of apologies I can give her will never be enough to fill the hurt I caused her. She has every right to want to move on with someone. I moved on with Libby, or at least I'm trying to. In the beginning when she moved in and we would go out for dinners it's seemed as if we were meant to be together all along. She was easy to talk to and she still remembered the most simplest details about me. As time went by, I noticed myself comparing her to Adalyn. The way she would talk to people was improper and rude. While Adalyn treated even the maids as if they were Royals. Libby didn't care about the rules of a Royal and talked back to every higher end person (she might have learned the habit with me since I talk back to my parents and grandmother) Adalyn would never disrespect higher authority like that.

Everyone expects me to tell Libby something about it, but I let her be. I don't care how she acts or what people think about her. My parents or the Royal Counsel will never let her be a Princess or their Queen. While I am still the King I'll make sure no one harms Libby or Ian. As long as she is happy and my son is healthy and content with his new home I'm fine.

I had poured myself another drink and gulped it down again. The habit I have isn't good at all, most of my day is consumed of me being drunk. Officer Ron has began attending my meetings and finishing my paper work while I sit in my office drinking away my sorrows and sleeping. I have lost all the willpower to be King. I don't care anymore and I haven't decided whether it is a bad thing or not.

Opening the locked drawer in my desk and pulled out a small black box. Inside was Adalyn's wedding ring and my ring. I tend to keep the personal belongings of ours locked away, drunk me has a habit of throwing things out which remind me of her. Keeping the drawer lock makes it harder for me to try to open since my coordination is off. I placed the box and frame back into the box and closed off the drawer. I opened the whiskey bottle again and poured myself yet another drink.

Swiftly, I gulped down the drink as if I was drinking water. The liquid doesn't sting my throat anymore, my body takes in the alcohol as if it was water. Instead of feeling a nauseous feeling when the whiskey hits my empty stomach, I feel refreshed.

The sudden burst of my grandmother into my office caused me to jump a bit. She doesn't care to knock anymore, she knows what I'm doing isn't important. She tends to forget her outburst cause me to feel as if I am going to have a heart attack.

"I was going to scream at you for disobeying me and attending the charity event without permission, but what's the point of doing that? You don't listen to what I have to say. Instead of nagging, I'm here to tell you what's going to happen in the next few hours and you can either voluntarily agree to it or you'll be forcefully made to agree to it." She crossed her arms underneath her chest.

"Seems to me as if it doesn't matter whether or not I agree to whatever is happening." I responded, keeping my eyes locked on the empty glass. My body was beginning to get hot, the first sign of me getting tipsy.

My grandmother took in a deep breath. "You have a bad addiction Sebastian and you need help. The palace needs a King whose head is tighten onto their shoulders. You look like you're running around the palace like a headless chicken. Most of your days are consumed of you being locked away in the office drinking away your sorrows." I could hear the slight pain in her voice. As her grandchild, it was killing her seeing me like this.

"You're drinking problem has become severe and you need help. Your parents and I, with the help of the Royal Counsel have decided to place you into a rehabilitation center. It's one of the best in Spain, plus it's private, you'll be safe there. It's a three month program and you're going to get counseling. Whether your drinking has happened due to the pressure as a Royal or Adalyn's departure, you need to vent it out." She took a seat in front of me and grabbed hold of my hand. "You're slipping right through our fingertips and we are afraid of how much more damage you can do to yourself and others. As your grandmother, I want you to get better, as your higher authority, it's the safest card to play for our throne."

I think she expected for me to fight with her since she continued to inform me about the rehabilitation center and the benefits it offered to me. It wasn't her threat to voluntarily agree or forcefully be placed in there, which made me  simply respond, okay.

Stubborn me hadn't fully gotten here and sober me, knew better. My grandmother was doing what she believed was best for me and our title. I didn't sense selfishness coming from her, she placed my well-being before my crown. It was a kind gesture I hadn't seen anyone do for me before.

"I promise we will have Libby and Ian comfortable while you're away-"

"I said yes. I voluntarily agree to go to the rehabilitation center. I want to get better." I cut her off.

"Are you saying that because of my threat?" She asked me quietly. I shook my head. Taking my hands away from hers I pushed the bottle of whiskey towards her.

"No, I have a duty to my country and I have failed to be the best for them. I have failed as a person to be kind with myself and I have failed Adalyn, to be the best husband. I am done being a failure to people-to myself. So, I agree with you a hundred percent. I need help. My absence won't be missed, my parents and you have been running things smoothly and Are far more suitable to run this country while I get better."

Although Libby and Ian are a concern for me, while I am gone. I hope my grandmother isn't lying and does keep them comfortable. This time only, I'll be selfish and think about myself and my needs. They'll have to understand there's more of me than just a father. I am also a King and if I am not well to run a country, it will fall apart.

Adalyn said I couldn't stand in the middle of war and wait for her to come save me. She's right, I can't. Unlike her, I have other people who are willing to save me, if she didn't come back, it was because I pushed her to far away. Sadly, I cannot stand still at a war I started, I have to finish it. Maybe, when it's all done, and time has healed our wounds, she'll come back. She'll see even when I did find comfort in Libby my heart never let Libby in.

She was always the one for me, even if life thought something else.

**
This hasnt been edited!

Leave comments down below!!

Merry Christmas ( all late I know)