46.

As women our biggest fear is losing the one we love. After you placed so much time and commitment to a relationship you don't want it to slip through the cracks of your fingers. You start to dread the negative thoughts your own mind makes up and start to wonder what will happen to you when the perfectly-imperfect relationship you have comes to an end. I don't want my relationship to come to an end. But wrapping my head around the idea Sebastian slept with another woman in the course of our relationship tore me apart. Dealing with him kissing Madison in the beginning was hard because by then I was falling in love with him. This time the situation is different. He didn't just cheat on me, he has a child.

How am I supposed to get over that?

I can't get over that.

"Are you just going to sit there and stare at me?" I finally asked Sebastian. He had walked into the room over an hour ago. He had pulled his desk chair and sat next to me. I thought he was going to say something right away but he didn't. He sat there gawking at me with the same dull expression he had earlier today.

"I don't know what to tell you. I want to say I can explain the situation but all I think about is how hurt you must feel right now."

Was he not thinking that when he slept with this Libby girl? Obviously not. "You cheated on me-"

"I did not." He quickly cut me off. "I had sex with Libby way before you and I were arranged to marry. She was the girl I would hook up with when Madison and I got into arguments." The way he said that cause chills to go down my spine. He reminded me of the ignorant Prince I met back in high school.

How was I supposed to believe him? He hid this secret from me. What if he's been seeing her all these years and hasn't brought her up until now? No, it doesn't make sense though, why would he throw himself under the bus?

"I was reckless back then, I thought only about myself and no one else. Before I asked Madison to marry me Libby disappeared and I didn't know why. I didn't know about this child."

I picked myself up from the bed, glaring angrily at him. "How do you not know you have a child? Your explanation sounds like bullshit!" I cried.

He got up from the chair and got on his knees near the edge of the bed. Cupping my face he looked at me with desperate eyes. "I would never place you in a situation where you would get hurt. I don't want to hurt you ever. What is happening right now is the result of my stupid younger self decisions. I've gone through hell and back to be with you and I wouldn't throw it away for a one time fling. I didn't cheat on you Adalyn. I don't have the nerve to." Slowly his eyes began to fill with water.

"Who's Libby Montez?" I questioned.

He released my face and sat on the bed with me. "I met her one night at the Plaza Del Sol after coming out of a club. We hooked up a few times mostly whenever Madison was angry with me. She never really meant anything to me." He confessed.

I wiped away the tears from my face and sighed. "I want to know everything about her. And I want to know about your last encounter with her."

"Oh my god, Adalyn." He covered his face. "Why? I didn't sleep with her when we were together."

"I don't care, but she plays a huge role in your life now. I want to know everything about this girl." I began to raise my voice. "Tell me, now."

"Okay..."

Libby and Sebastian's story wasn't long to explain. And unlike any other girl I should've had left it off how he explained it to me before he went into details. Libby was before us and Ian wasn't conceived during our relationship, yet there was a whole inside my chest slowly aching and widening with every minute passing by. Hearing him talk about their encounters caused that ache to become stronger. It was hurting me rather than healing me. By the time he started talking about his last encounter with her I was bawling my eyes out.