93.

A part of me believed there was hope for Sebastian and I to get together, although I told myself other wise. One day, we were going to stumble back into each other's lives and live out the rest of our days like a fairytale. I was wrong there wasn't going to be a ever-after. I saw it in his eyes the seriousness of him giving me closure, it was another thing he needed to be deliberated from. If there isn't anymore me, there isn't anymore hurt. I would've chose the same thing, his happiness should come first—always. Hopefully he continues to put himself first before anyone.

Rationally, I understood why it was not a good time to even consider getting together, but my gut was giving me those strong signals telling me this was our end. There was not going to be something in between or after this moment. I cried more than I cried when I left him. I had managed to puff up my eyes to the point I was having trouble seeing. I laid in bed thinking about Sebastian and all that we had been and all we could have been.

He was my worst heartbreak, mostly because he was the only person I have loved. There was no point trying to get sleep, it was nearly morning and it was going to be time for me to be up. I slipped out of bed and went to the restroom to clean my face. My nose was flushed and my eyes were swollen from all the crying, there wasn't going to be a way for me to get rid of this before the morning. Everyone is going to know I spent my night bawling my eyes out. I damped a small face towel and placed it on my eye, getting a bit of relief when the coldness hit my warm skin.

The soft knock on my door startled me, there was someone awake at this hour? I grabbed my robe from the night stand and placed it in, before opening the door. Sebastian stood on the other side with the same worrisome expression he'd carried when there was too many thoughts weighing down on him. His dark brown hair was shuffled around as he had tossed around in bed, desperate to sleep—I suppose.

I had opened the door slightly, avoiding him to see me in this state. His eyes met the one eye of mine peeking through and he gave me a confuse expression.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked me.

"Ugh, no. I was already awake," My voice was still hoarse from my crying. It would've been easier to lie about me being asleep.

"Have you been crying all night?" He tried pushing the door open and I pushed back.

"No," I whispered. "I have been watching sappy romance movies all night,"

"You're lying, let me in," he insisted, pushing the door slightly back.

"No, I am fine," I assured him.

I had no excuse or reason for my tears, he'd blame himself for my crying. Sebastian shouldn't continue worrying about—not anymore. He pushed the door again and this time I let go and stumbled in. I took a step back, looking down at the ground, afraid to look at him in the eyes.

"Why are you crying, Princess?" His came out soft, causing my heart to ache all over.

"I—" I looked up to him with tears streaming down my face. "I am sorry."

"What? Why?" He said confused. "You did not do anything."

"Exactly. I did nothing. I could've screamed at you until you saw the mess you had done. I should've stayed! Maybe then you wouldn't be forgetting me," I sobbed.

His lips moved downward, frowning. "I am not forgetting you. I will never forget you. Adalyn, you don't need me anymore. Truthfully you never needed me. You told me you would've stood in the middle of a war zone waiting for me to rescue you and I could never do the same," he licked his lips

"You were right. I wouldn't have stayed there waiting for you. I rather walk around empty then watch go through hell to come save me," he walked over to me and tilted my head upward so his eyes met mine.

"You were the strong one, you saved me. I needed you. You were always free and I loved that about you. You drove me crazy but I would pick you, over and over in every fucking lifetime. This time, Adalyn, you deserve more than me. More than a Air-head Prince, more than being trapped in a palace, more than being Spain's Queen. I can't choose for you, but this decision is all mine. You took yours the night you left."

I hit his chest. "Fuck. I was going to go back to the The Plaza Del Sol, I was going to wait until you came looking for me,"

"I never stopped..." his voice trailed off.

"I looked for you in strangers faces and saw ghost of you in my dreams. I've always prayed I'd be able to touch you again. In a way I hoped you would be here this weekend. It's not a secret I still love you and you love me, but this time my hands are tied. I'm not bringing you back."

"Why did you come here tonight?" I hiccuped.

He shrugged. "I don't know," he sighed.

I leaned forward and rested my forehead on his chest. This is was our life from now on, watching each other from afar pretending to seize the fire within us. We don't want to live this way yet somehow in our heads it makes sense to not be together. I am trying to comprehend Sebastian, however I wish not too. I don't want to leave this weekend without him.

My lip began to quiver again and I sighed. How much more was I going to cry? My eyes were sore already, if I shed anymore tears my eyes are going to stay swollen forever.

"If you continue to cry, you'll get a headache," a bit of amusement chimed in his voice. It was too late to worry about that, my head ache was on full blast.

"I feel weak," I whispered.

He swooped me from my feet, my head landed on his chest. He shut the door behind him and carried me towards the bed. Sebastian didn't speak anymore, I expected him to lay me down on the bed and leave. Instead he sat on the edge of the bed and kept me in his arms, keeping his arms around me. He was cooing me.

Thump, thump, thump. His heartbeats put me at eases like a tune you'd hear on your toughest days. I missed this. I miss how bare we were with each other not afraid of what the other would say.

"You're my home, Adalyn. I'd never needed to see a different world, you were everything I wanted to see everyday for the rest of my life. Even when I messed up I prayed you would be there. Every morning I would look at you and wonder how lucky I got to have you. You made me want to be a better man..." his voice cracked.

"I had girls swooning over me all my life and I had faked friends. It wasn't until you showed up I notice the truth. I wasn't blind. I wanted to be King not because it was my duty, because if I was King, in your eyes I'd be everything you'd known I struggle to be. I wanted to give you everything with nothing in return," he frowned. His whole demeanor changed. 

"Yet, I managed to push you away too. When I looked at our wedding photos I realized why I stayed being the King. You by my side gave my whole life a different meaning, and a life without you was dull. You gave the palace life. A commoner brought joy to me and I didn't expect it," he chucked quietly.

I opened my eyes to see he was staring at me. "Starting tonight Adalyn, I promise when I fix the problem I left behind, I'll come look for you. I'll go with you, I don't need a crown or a palace. All I need is you. From now on, I'll do everything in power to make it all right. To make you all right,"

"Or I'll die trying." He whispered.

**
im crying brb