59.

Sebastian Point of View

I must've watched Adalyn's interview a hundred times the morning it aired. For the first time since she left my heart ached for how broken she looked. They tried to hide the bags under her eyes as much as they could, but I could still see how tired she was. I can't lie I felt guilty for how awful I had behaved since she left, but the anger inside me is stronger than the guilt I feel for damaging her.

Did she honestly believe leaving the palace as smoothly as she did wasn't going to come with a price? She was the Queen, no one who walks through the front doors of the palace ever leaves clean. One way or another The Royal Counsel was going to make her into shreds and knowing her it didn't take much to have her crack. I think that none of us expecting was for her to go off and stand up for herself. It shouldn't have been a big surprise she kicked me to the curve and resign without even glancing behind.

She made a promise to love me forever and in the first opportunity she got to run, she ran like hell. I wasn't going out in the public to show Libby and Ian off to anyone, the only person I was aiming to hurt was her. I wanted her to know from me personally I was happy. I didn't need her.

I grabbed my cup full of whiskey and chugged it down. I wasn't fooling anyone though, even as mad as I am at her, she's still everything I wanted. I can't blame her for what she did and I cannot justify my actions leading to her leaving. She was right all along, my head was never in the right place. I pushed her away like I always did when things got out of hand.

The office door slammed opened and my grandmother barged in. "You know what, I let your parents and The Royal Counsel try to deal with you, but apparently they aren't qualified to handle you." She said unpleased.

I poured another drink and continued to listen to her scold me. "Adalyn was the best thing that happens to your stupid-ass and you lost her for a commoner? For a girl who doesn't have the dignity or the poise to be a Queen! You should be ashamed of yourself!" She paced back and forth. "You are no longer allowed to pose with Libby or Ian. You aren't allowed to step out of these palace doors unless you have meetings!"

She waited for me to answer to her yet there wasn't anything for me to say to her. Who was she trying to fool? I wasn't going to listen, I am the King now and her word doesn't affect me. Her orders are simply suggestions and I will not let her tell me what I can and cannot do in my own home.

"Isn't this what you all wanted?" I tilt my head to the side, asking her. "All my life I was molded to be a heartless King and when I finally manage to be what I was raised to be I am a disappointment?" My words slurred.

"You are a heartless King without Adalyn, you needed her more than she needed you. Are you blind? You loved the girl so much you were scared to lose her yet, you act as if she meant nothing. The poor girl is out there trying to start her life again and here you are taunting her like a coward."

"I was raised to be a coward because no one had the balls to tell me I had a son." I spat angrily.

My grandmother scoffed. "Who are you to talk about balls? When you are the one hiding cowardly in your office watching her interview over and over again as if she is going to come out of the television to tell you she was wrong for leaving." She took in a deep breath. "Your parents were protecting you and I agree they did it in the worst way possible but you don't deserve to be a father Sebastian. You cannot even love yourself, how can you love another human being?"

I chugged down a drink and poured another one. "How can I possibly love someone else when no one loved me? My parents were doing their duties while Officer Ron took me to my first day of kindergarten, tucked me into bed, and molded me into a Prince he was taught I should be. His love only went so far. Who do you think you are judging me?"

"Have you forgotten if it wasn't for your parents and me, you wouldn't be a King"

"If you or my parents weren't my relatives I would have been with Libby raising my child. Adalyn wasn't ever supposed to happen who are we lying to?" I questioned her.

If I found out about Ian it was because destiny had to make sure Libby was in my life. What if she was truly my real princess and Adalyn was the temporary until I found Libby? Everyone has fucked with my life so much I don't even know what is right.

"You will obey my orders." She threatens me.

"And if I don't?" I taunted her.

"I will make Ian disappear forever and you'll never find him or Libby again."

****

WELL, THAT WAS FUCKING INTENSE LOL.