50.

We arrived back to the place and Sebastian went straight to his office and I went towards the kitchen where I assumed Ashley was going to be at. Going inside the kitchen Ashley and Santiago were sitting at the bar laughing about something. I noticed they had opened a bottle of wine and were having a few drinks. I walked over to the cabinet pulled out a glass and poured myself a drink. The visit at the hospital had me thinking clearly, Sebastian mind is fogged up with rage and stubbornness. He thinks getting custody of his son is going to fix all the problems and make up for the years he wasn't around--it's not that easy.

He isn't thinking about what negative effect his decisions are going to have on Ian if the Royal Council decides tot take Ian away from Libby. He will hold resentment towards Sebastian and the entire Royal Family. Sebastian wants to do what is right and I can't blame him for wanting to, but in the situation, we are in, I think it is best not to do anything. He can help Libby without stirring the pot.

I was pouring my second glass of wine when I noticed Santiago and Ashley staring at me. "What?" I demanded.

"Are you okay?" Santiago was the first one to respond. I didn't say anything to him. We weren't on good terms, to begin with so he didn't have the right to ask me if I was okay. After the emotional stress he put me through earlier this week I don't even want to have him under the same roof as me, yet I can't be disrespectful he was only trying to make the situation better.

I gulped down the wine and poured myself another cup. "I am not a bad person," I said, glancing up to meet Santiago's eyes. "You must think I am not suited to be Spain's Queen but I reassure you I am. The job isn't easy at all, some days I want to give up altogether and others I love being the people's ruler. I never had the security of a family and Spain is my family, Sebastian is my family, and I would never give it up. I live for the moments when I get to talk to the people and get to see not only Sebastian but everyone in it happy. It isn't easy dealing with this because I cannot act like the twenty-two-year-old girl I am. I have to act like the Queen and I wish not to. I love Sebastian, more than anyone could understand." Tears rolled down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand. I didn't want to cry in front of them nor did I want them feeling bad for me. My duty to my country has never been easy nor has it been a walk in the park being with Sebastian and to have a guy who barely knows me judge me, angers me.

Ashley must have realized there was a pending discussion between Santiago and I because she stayed quiet and continued to sip on her wine. He shifted in his seat and sighed heavily. "I apologize for talking to you the way I did. I was out of place and I shouldn't have said anything to you. I don't think you aren't suited as the Queen. Spain is lucky to have you as their ruler, but you spiraled down into a self-pity hole and I couldn't sit here and watch you wallow over something that was out of your grip. By now you know Sebastian is completely blinded by anger and whatever else he has in his brain, so I needed you to get a grip of yourself if not the both of you were going to destroy each other."

"I know what I have to do but I'm afraid I cannot think like his wife but the Queen," I confessed.

Ashley placed her cup down and looked at me. "Pardon for interrupting you, but you shouldn't hesitate on what you need to do. So far, every action you have done as the Queen has been for the better good of the people. Before you act upon whatever you have planned make sure you are doing for the better good of everyone and not for the selfishness of your heart."

I finished the wine and placed the cup inside the sink. I am not being selfish on the decision I have to make. At first, all I thought about was myself and how horrible life is for giving Sebastian a son he wasn't trying to have. These past years I felt as if life owed me something in return for taking my child away--I think it's the experience of losing a baby, I don't want Sebastian going with his plan. He's thinking selfishly and isn't putting Ian first. Although he might not be ever to forgive me for what I have to do, one day he'll see it was the only way to not hurt Ian.

"Ashley is right, even if your decision might not be seen on the same level as yours. You have to do what's best for everyone and by everyone I mean Ian, he is the only one that matters." He responded.

"Ashley-" I turn to look at her. "I need you to find a copy of the contract Libby was forced to sign before Sebastian does."

Ashley got off the stool and nodded. "I'll get to it."

"What are you planning?" Santiago asked me.

"I have to find out what is on that contract and who else knows about Ian. This can't get out to the people Santiago, you do not understand the type of chaos it will bring to the Royal Family. We could be dishonored."

"You cannot blame a mistake Sebastian did as a teen with who he is now, the people could understand." He assured me.

When the people found out about Sebastian and I arrange marriage they lost security with the Royal Family, they felt betrayed. How could their rulers be faking a love that doesn't exist? With that came rumors of how we were hiding more things from them. It's when Sebastian was sent to Australia and I stayed behind. It took press conference, volunteer hours, and sending Sebastian away for awhile to prove to the people we were trustworthy and the love we had for each other was real. Seeing it now, the love between Sebastian and I was always there it just needed a small fire to spark it up. If they find out about Ian it can and will be the end of the Royal Family, we will dispose of our crowns and I don't want to think about what will happen after that.

Sebastian isn't thinking clearly and he isn't seeing it as the King way, but rather as the father he wished he could be. He thinks by putting himself in Ian's life he's going to make up for his parent's decision and I fear it's the wrong thing to do.

"You don't understand how the rules and the people who control us are. The Royal Council is here to keep peace and Ian isn't going to keep the palace quiet, I can assure you that."

"I understand." He responded.

I took in a deep breath. "I know you and your brother are supposed to leave tomorrow but you think you can stay longer? I can't do any of this without Ashley and you." I confessed. Santiago seems to be the only one who can help calm down Sebastian, so having him stay until this gets solved would be the best. I would call Esther but Delilah is due at any moment and he can't leave her alone at a time like this.

He nodded. I walked out the kitchen and sighed heavily. I have to stay strong.