87.

"You look a lot better from the last time we talked." Delilah reclined against the door frame staring at me as I finished getting myself accommodated.

I turned around and flashed a smirk. "You make it sound as if you haven't seen me in a long time."

"I haven't. It's been over a year and the last time you were here, you were a mess. Seeing you on a phone screen isn't the same as seeing you in person. I was scared you were saying you were fine and weren't."

"I wasn't okay..." I trailed off, remembering the times I cried in bed all night. "and sometimes I continue to not be okay. I had to start a new life-"

"-because you chose to do that. No one forced you to leave! You had us, you didn't have to go off to find a new home when you had a home here." She cut me off, a bit of anger peaking out.

I relaxed my shoulders, feeling defeated by her. Delilah doesn't understand for me to start healing, I needed to leave. "what was I suppose to do here? Hide away until the paparazzi stopped bashing me?" I questioned. I was a prisoner in the palace the months I spent here.  

"I wasn't living, Delilah."

"You want to erase a part of you by exploring countries. Sebastian and Spain took your soul and wiped it clean. As much as you want to believe this is the life you wanted from the start. We both know a life without the Prince isn't a life at all." Her eyes watered.

Why was she bashing me? I did what was best for me. The consequences of being selfish for once was hurting the people around me. Yet, she had no right to tell me how my life is, a life without a Prince isn't a life at all, and she might be right. Every women out there deserves a Prince, someone to love her.

"If you're referring a life without Sebastian isn't a life, you're wrong." I hissed. "I don't need someone who used me so much as him. I am doing my best to move on from that chapter, it's time you did the same."

"I don't mean for you to get back with him! It's obvious you have found someone new!" She shot back.

"Yes, I have and let me tell you, he is a great guy."

"What the hell is going on?" Esther bathed in. "I can hear you two bickering from my office."

"I came to see you two, not to get a speech of how I should try living my life." I glared at Delilah.

Esther shot her a stare. "We talked about this. It isn't our business as to what she is doing. As long as she is happy, you need to be too."

Delilah sighed. "I am. It just I had imagined you and I being close and raising our kids together. You turned into the cool aunt who comes for the holidays with expensive presents."

I couldn't help but to laugh at her. "We are close. I'm sorry for my absence, I needed time Delilah. It doesn't mean I went off to forget about you or your family. I love you guys." My voice cracked.

"I always imagined this is how sisters would act around each other now I know I'm right." He rolled his eyes. "Hug it out." He grabbed our hands and pulled us together.

Delilah and I hugged each other. We apologized for raising our voice and for telling me the things she said. I wasn't taking anything to heart, she felt abandon by me and my intentions were never to make her feel that way.

She has a hard time already expressing her feelings to others and I was a exception. After she married Esther we became close. We opened up about my mother's treatment towards us and she expressed how our mom's cruelty caused her to push everyone off. We have came far as individuals and sisters, when I left, I took her safety net away.