75.

Adalyn's Point Of View
(To avoid any confusion, Adalyn time setting is on the same rate as Sebastian. If at any point I put weeks/months before it is being referred to Sebastian time)

I thought escaping to Los Ángeles was going to be my freedom—I was wrong. In the last month I have seen endless peaks of mountains, tasted various culture food, and felt a internal peace. Welcoming in the unknown was how I truly knew I was free. Every morning I was able to feel the freedom, no one was holding me back. I didn't have to listen to anyone but myself. I became my own person and my own voice of reason.

In the mountains I found the strength to let go of all the hate. Whether it was towards the Royal Family or myself, the emptiness in my heart began to slowly fill back up again. Mateo and I spent a week in a small village in the mountains learning about the people's culture and lifestyle. They taught me to meditate and release all my bad energy. It was due to their kindness and hospitality towards us, which led me to open up about what tormented me inside.

Mateo saw the raw Adalyn—the angry/broken me. I explained to him how I landed as the next heir to Spain. I left nothing out, he knew about Sebastian's and I arrange marriage, the cheating, how I was forced to become someone the Royal Counsel approved of and less of who I wanted to be. He listened days on end learning everything about me. I cried at parts and laughed at others. I expected for him to think I was demented, yet he remained quiet listening carefully. He asked his questions and I answered. I couldn't make it past my miscarriage—I'm not ready to open up to him about that.

I left him half way through my story as Princess Adalyn and he didn't seemed to mind. I suppose he believed when I was ready to open up about the other half I would tell him.

Life was treating me well and I was grateful for that. Mateo kept his word and he would meet me up at new destinations. The month flew by and next thing I knew we were on an airplane heading to Cancun. My plan was to return back to Los Ángeles to relax in my own home if it makes any sense. I needed a vacation from my exploration. Sophia wanted me to return so she could physically see I was doing fine. The whole adventuring out in the mountains with no signal out her on edge. She's still blabbering about her duty will forever be protecting. She's done enough but Sophia will always be Sophia.

Anyway, the last few nights out in the mountains Mateo brought up the idea of us going to Cancun and enjoying the beach. He had managed to set aside another week of vacation and wanted to take advantage of it. Although I believe he wanted to spend a few nights on a comfy mattress and not a cot. I agreed to company him since he had been keeping his word on meeting me around. It wasn't as if he wasn't around though, physically at least there were times he wasn't but he made sure who ever was around me, took good care of me.

I had missed being on objects with cushion in them. My back was aching from the hike from the village to the city. I was glad when we boarded the airplane we were in first class. Our sears stretched out to beds and my body thanked me for the rest it needed. The plane ride from Argentina to Cancun was a little over fourteen hours so I had plenty of time to rest. Mateo knocked out as soon as he reclined his chair back and threw his cover over his face. I could hear him softly snoring.

My body was tired yet I forced myself to stay awake. With my adventures I hardly had signal to make calls so I was disconnected from the world for awhile. I'm not complaining, it was a positive thing for me to do. My phone was simply a device and not a object that made me. Ever now and then I'd miss being able to surf the Internet but I was sure I wasn't missing much.

The last time I was on any media platforms Sebastian was all over the news. He had admitted himself into a rehabilitation center for his drinking problem. At the moment I felt heartbroken seeing how badly his drinking problem had gotten but another part of me was relieved to see he was trying to get better. He needed too.

As much anger I had for him when I left Spain it's nowhere to be found now. There isn't resentment towards him anymore and I hope he finds the peace and tranquillity to be the best King. There's no doubt in my mind he will fail being a King in the future. He needed to be unplugged from the lifestyle and be given a chance to face his demons. Nights have gone by where I stay up and wonder if he needs someone supporting him through this difficult time. I'm certain it hasn't been easy getting sober. I worry instead of getting better he'd get worse.

I've had moments where I find myself dialing Officer Ron to ask him how Sebastian doing, every single time I stop myself. The day I left him, was the day I stopped being part of his life. He made his new life and I'm trying to make mine. As much as it worries me to know how he is doing, he simply isn't someone I can worry about anymore. Libby probably takes care of him. I'm the last thing on his mind.

There's parts of my life I haven't fully healed yet and the betrayal of Sebastian with Libby is one of them. It's not the fact he had a child with her which makes me feel betrayed but the fact he was going to place her in our home. He moved on from me so quickly, I couldn't even wrap my head around it. Although it was me who divorced him he still loved me during the time, right? I like to think he did, it makes the healing easier.

Sebastian continues to be a hard subject for me to open up to and to get over. A lady in the village spoke about forgiving him and myself, if I were to hold onto all the bad between him and I'd condemn my spirit to bitterness. He doesn't make me feel bitter at all. The thought of him at times causes involuntary heart skips and clammy hands.

I don't have to be on social media's to see Sebastian, in a locked file on my phone I have photos of him when we were together. Somehow I always land back to this picture.

I took it the day we went to the plaza and talked about meeting up here if we ever got separated

I took it the day we went to the plaza and talked about meeting up here if we ever got separated. He promised he'd wait for me until I return. I wonder if he ever sat at the plaza and waited for me. I dreamt about going there and seeing him waiting for me. Our eyes would lock and he would give me his heart melting smile.

Truth be told, I miss my Tattooed Prince. Freedom tasted sweet but if he was here, I'd stopped walking around half empty.

***
Do you guys like how I'm inserting pictures of them? I feel it gives a better view of what they're each feeling.

You guys asked for both POV so here's Addie's. Tonight I miss Sadalyn.