9

( PAIN IN THE ASS )

      Dean returns to the motel room, Sam following; Gordon is gone. "Gordon?" Dean asks.

      "You think he went after them?" Elena asks.

      "Probably." He replies.

      There's a pause. "Dean, we have to stop him." Sam says.

      "Really, Sam? Because I say we lend a hand." Dean says.

      "Just give me the benefit of the doubt, would you? You owe me that." Sam says.

      "Yeah, we'll see. I'll drive. Give me the keys." Dean says.

      Sam points to the table where he'd set them earlier; they're gone. "He snaked the keys." He says.

      Outside, Dean is hotwiring his car and grimacing. "I can't believe this. I just fixed her up, too." He says and The car starts. "So the bridge, is that all you got?"

      "The bridge was four and a half minutes from their farm." Sam says.

      "How do you know?" Dean asks.

      "I counted." Sam starts tracing a path on the map in his lap. "They took a left out of the farm, then turned right onto a dirt road, followed that for two minutes slightly up a hill, then took another quick right and we hit the bridge."

      Dean looks impressed. "You're good. You're a monster pain in the ass, but you're goo%d."

VAMPIRE NEST
[ ☾]

      Lenore is packing things into boxes; Eli comes in and sets a box on the table. "In the truck, thank you." She says.

      "We can't leave like this. Lenore. Listen to me, we need to stay and fight." Eli suggests.

      "They were my friends too, Eli, my family." Lenore says.

      "That's not what I'm talking about. This is self defense. Kill or be killed. They can't hunt us if they're dead."

      "Killing those four wouldn't solve anything. There's more where they came from. We're outnumbered. This. This is all we can do. Try and reason–" Lenore starts.

      Eli scoffs. "You can't reason with these people. They're going to kill us all anyway. We should at least take a few of them with us." He says.

      "I'm not giving up hope. If we can change, they can change. Now go into town and gather the others. We leave before sunrise." She says.

      Gordon's red car crosses the bridge and turns up a small road. Some ways behind, Sam, Elena and Dean are in the Impala. Sam sighs, staring at the map. Dean glances at him, then looks back to the road. Sam frowns at Dean.

      Lenore comes out of the house with a box, sets it on the flatbed of a truck. She turns and Gordon is there. He grabs her, raises a knife that glistens with blood. He stabs it into her chest; she goes limp. "Dead man's blood, bitch." He says.

      Gordon dips the knife into a jar of blood. Lenore is tied to a chair nearby, covered in cuts, pale and sickly. He circles around her, slices the bloody knife across her chest. she gasps. Sam, Elena and Dean arrive. "Sam, Dean, Elena. Come on in." Gordon says.

      "Hey, Gordon. What's going on?" Dean asks.

      "Just poisoning Lenore here with some dead man's blood. She's going to tell us where all her little friends are, aren't you? Want to help?" Gordon asks.