38

( HEAVEN & ANGELS )

      Zach walks down the sidewalk calmly, hands in his pockets; he sees the blinding light beside a house and stops, nodding and smiling. He approaches the house and knocks. A middle-aged man, Frank, opens the door. "Yes?" He asks.

      "Hi. My name is Zach."

      "Can I help you?" Frank asks as Zach pulls out a knife and stabs Frank through the heart.

      We pull back to reveal a stone angel to the left of the door - approximately where the blinding light had come from.

MOTEL ROOM[ ☼ ]

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Sam and Elena exit a random sandwich shop. Sam remembers something. "Hey, what's with you and the whole Angel thing?" He asks.

      "I just don't believe in them, is all." Elena says and they begin walking to the car.

      "Why not?" Sam asks.

      Elena stops and turns to him. "Look, I really don't want to talk about this right now."

      "Alright." Sam says as they get into the car.

      Later, Dean is sitting on the edge of the bed with a police radio in hand, listening. He looks painfully bored. "We've got a minor TA, involving a motorcycle and a, uh van, this is at the corner of 28th and Pine, 28th and Pine." An operator says.

      As Sam and Elena enter, Dean sighs and looks back at the "Magic Fingers" controller. "Did you bring quarters?" Dean asks.

      Sam frowns at the controller. "Dude, I'm not enabling your sick habit." Elena tosses a sandwich at Dean.

      "You're like one of those lab rats that pushes the pleasure button instead of the food button until it dies." She says.

      "What are you talking about? I eat. And I got news." Dean says.

      "We do too." Sam says.

      "All right, you go first."

      "Three students have disappeared off the college campus in the last year. All of them were last seen at the library." Elena says.

      "Where Carl Gully worked." Dean recalls.

      "Yep."

      "Sick bastard." Dean says.

      "So Gloria's angel -" Sam starts.

      "Angel?" Dean questions.

     "Okay. Whatever this thing is..." Sam starts.

      "Okay, well, whatever it is, it's struck again." Dean says.

      "What?" Elena asks.