19

( INTERROGATION )

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

POLICE STATION
[ ☾]

      Background chatter as a man is led down a dim police-station hallway in cuffs. Pan into the bustling office, where Peter Sheridan is on his cell phone, a mug of coffee in hand.

      "Under what name? Oh, yeah, that's my favorite so far. Possible ID's in three states that we know of." He pulls a paper from the fax machine and stares at it. "I gotta call you back."

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      A SWAT team approaches a motel room from the outside.

POLICE STATION
[ ☾]

      Sheridan enters an interrogation room; the prisoner is not visible. He sits down. "Well, first I thought you were just stepping up your game. Credit card fraud, breaking and entering, and this one...puzzled me. Grave desecration. But still these are a long way from murder. Then we get a fax from St. Louis. Where you're suspected of torturing and murdering a young woman. However, no one could prove anything, of course, because supposedly you died there." He says.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      The SWAT team breaks open a 2nd-floor door with a battering ram. Inside, Sam and Elena stop, holding their hands up.

POLICE STATION
[ ☾]

      "But I gotta tell you something. You look pretty healthy to me." Sheridan says to an unknown person.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      Diana Ballard advances on Sam and Elena, her gun forward.

POLICE STATION
[ ☾]

      "So now we know Karen Giles wasn't the first person you murdered." Says Sheridan.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      "Going somewhere?" Ballard asks Sam and Elena.

POLICE STATION
[ ☾]

      "But I guarantee you she's the last." He stands and walks out; we pan across to reveal that the prisoner is Dean.

      The policewoman from earlier enters another interrogation room, where Sam is pacing by the window. She places a coffee cup on the table. "Thought you might be thirsty." Ballard says.

      "Okay, so you're the good cop. Where's the bad cop?" Sam asks.

      "Oh, he's with your brother. He'll also be questioning Elena." Ballard says.

      "Okay. And you're holding us why?" Sam asks.

      "Well, he's being held on suspicion of murder. And you, we'll see." Ballard says.

      Sam leans forward, shocked. "Murder?!" He asks.

      "You sound genuinely surprised. Or are you that good of an actor?" She asks.

      "Who was he supposed to have murdered?!" Sam asks.

      "We'll get around to that."