47

( THE DETECTIVES )

CABIN
[ ☾]

      Molly has led them back to the cabin where she saw Greeley. "This is it. This is where I saw him." She says.

      "Must have been his hunting cabin." Dean sees vicious tools hanging, a bloodstained table. "Seemed like a real sweet guy."

      "No markers or headstones outside." Sam says.

      "You're looking for Greeley's grave?" Molly asks.

      "Yeah." Elena says.

      "Why?"

      "So we can dig up the corpse and salt and burn it." Dean says.

      "Oh. Sure. Naturally."

      "It's a way to get rid of a spirit."

      "And that'll save David?" Molly asks.

      "This is what'll help both of you, provided there's a corpse to be found." Dean says.

      "So how do we find it?"

      "Uh, not sure. After Greeley died, his wife claimed the body. And that was the last anyone saw of her. So good guess she brought him back here. But they have a thousand acres. He could be buried anywhere on 'em." Sam says.

      Molly looks at the three of them. "Is this really what you guys do? You're like Ghostbusters?" She asks.

      "Yeah." Elena says.

      "Minus the jumpsuits." Dean says. "This is a fascinating conversation and all, but this highway is only haunted once a year, and we got till sun up to wrap this thing up. What do you say we move it along, okay? Great."
He says briskly.

      They go outside and continue their search. "What are we looking for?" Molly asks.

      "Greeley's house. Maybe he's buried there. Look for roads or paths or something. Stay close." Sam says.

      "Yeah. Okay."

      Molly hears a voice. "Molly? Molly, help me. Molly?" Someone says.

      "David? David?" She goes in search of the voice. Greeley appears and grabs her. She screams.

      Dean points his shotgun at Greeley. "Whoops." He shoots him in the head and he dissipates.

      Sam and Elena run up to them. "Hey! Are you all right?" Sam asks.

      "What has that son of a bitch done with my husband?" Molly asks.

      "Just take it easy, all right? You're gonna see David again. You will."
Sam say.

      "Hey." Dean indicates something ahead of them. "Follow the creepy brick road."

      Sam gestures for Molly to follow Dean; Sam takes up the rear. "Go ahead." Sam says.

      "That thing shoots rock salt?" Molly motions to Sam's gun.

      "Yep."

      "And plain salt keeps away spirits?" Molly asks.

      "Simple remedies are always the best. In most cultures, salt is a symbol of purity, so it repels impure and unnatural things. Same reason you throw it over your shoulder." Sam says.

      They round the corner and see a creepy house. "You know, just once I'd like to round the corner and see a nice house." Dean says.

      Sam and Molly enter the house as Dean and Elena stay outside to look around. They enter. "Any headstones outside?" Sam asks.