59

( FANTASY )

      Dean is sitting on the steps to the front porch, drinking a beer, feeling happy about his work on the lawn. A car drives up outside the yard. "I don't believe it." He gets up to go greet Sam and Jessica who are getting out of the car.

      Dean attacks Jessica with a hug while Sam takes out the luggage from the trunk. "Jessica."

      "You're, uh...Good to see you too, Dean." Jess says as Dean laughs. "Can't breathe."

      Dean lets go. "Sammy." He says just as Elena exits the house.

      "Hey." Sam says.

      Dean is smiling big. "Look at you. You're with Jessica, it's - I don't believe it."

      "Yeah." Sam says.

      "Where'd you guys come from?"

      "We just flew in from... Califor–" Sam starts.

      "California! Stanford. Huh? Law school, I bet." Dean says as Elena snakes her arm around Dean's waist.

      "Good to see you Sam." Elena says.

      "Elena." Sam gives her a curt nod.

      Sam motions to the beer in Dean's hand. "I see you started off Mom's birthday with a bang as usual." He says.

      "Wait. Mom's birthday, that's today?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah. Yeah, Dean. That's today. That's why we're here. Don't tell me you forgot." Sam says.

      "Wha..."

RESTAURANT
[ ☾]

      They're all sitting at a round table. Dean gets served a plate. "Wow, that...looks awesome." He says.

      "Alright. To Mom." Sam raises his glass. "Happy birthday."

      "Happy birthday." Jess says.

      "Thank you." Mary says. They all clink their glasses in a cheer.

      "To mom." As Dean watches, Sam and Jessica kiss. He smiles.

      Elena turns to Dean. "I was really worried about you last night." She says.

      "Oh I'm... I'm good. I'm really good." Dean says.

      "OK. What do you say, later we get you a cheeseburger?" Elena ask someone.

      "Oh God, yes." Dean says and she smiles. "How did I end up with such a cool chick?"

      "Just got low standards." Elena says and smiles at him.

      "Alright. Jess and I actually have another surprise for mom's birthday. Ah... You wanna tell 'em?" Sam asks.

      "They're your family." Jess says.

      "Alright. Sam says.

       Mary smiles. "What? Tell me what?" Sam holds up Jessica's left hand and we see an engagement ring on her finger. Mary laughs happily. "Oh my God! That's so wonderful." She gets up and hugs Jessica, who's also gotten up.

      We see Sam and Elena getting up as well, while Dean still sits. "Congratulations." Elena says to Jess.

      "Thank you." Jess says.

      Elena turns to Sam. "Congratulations." She says.

      "Thank you."

      Mary walks over and hugs Sam. "I just wish your dad was here." She says.