16

( VEGAS SHMEGAS )

PHILEDELPHIA

APARTMENT BUILDING
[ ☾]

      A young blonde woman, Katie Burns, is talking on the phone while pacing under the flickering lights. She is annoyed. "I checked the fuses. They're fine. It's the wiring. Look, you promised the place would be ready when I moved in. No. You come up now! Please. Thank you." She hangs up.

      She grimaces at something on the table, reaches out a finger and dabs it. It's a thick black goo. "Gross."

      More goo drips on her shoulder. She looks up, getting scared. She goes over to the light switch by the wall, out of which the goo is oozing thickly. "What the hell?"

      She looks deeper into the light switch; a creepy, bloodshot eyes appears. She screams.

ROADHOUSE
[ ☼ ]

      Sam, Elena and Dean are getting out of the Impala, parked in front of the Roadhouse. "Los Angeles, California." Dean says.

      "What's in L.A.?" Elena asks.

      "Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." Dean says.

      "Yeah? Girl got a name?" Sam asks.

      "Katie Holmes." Dean says.

      Sam laughs. "That's funny. And for you, so bitchy."

      From inside the roadhouse comes the sound of breaking glass and shouting voices. Dean turns. "Of course, on the other hand—catfight."

      They go inside. On the upper levels, Ellen and Jo are shouting. Sam and the gang enter cautiously. "I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen yells.

      "You can't keep me here!" Jo yells.

      "Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie." Ellen says.

      "What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?" Jo asks.

      "You know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school."

      "I didn't belong there! I was a freak with a knife collection." Jo says.

      "Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen yells and turns and sees them. Elena waves awkwardly. "Guys, bad time."

      "Yes, ma'am." Sam says.

      "Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean says.

      "Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo says.

      A mom, a dad, and two kids under three, all wearing bright yellow t-shirts that read "Nebraska is for Lovers" enter.

      "I don't care what they think!" Ellen yells.

      "Are you guys open?" The Dad asks.

      "No!"

      "Yes!"

      "We'll just...check out the Arby's down the road." The Dad says. They leave. The phone rings.

      Jo glares at it, then at Ellen, who stalks over to answer it. "Harvelle's. Yeah, preacher." She says.