63

( THE END )

BOBBY'S PLACE
[ ☼ ]

      Dean and Bobby are grabbing all kinds of weapons as Elena watches. "Let's go." Dean says to Bobby.

      "I'm going with you." Elena says and begins waking.

      "The hell you are." Dean says, stopping her. "We already have enough problems as it is."

      She shoves him off. "You don't understand, I'm going. You can't protect me and you could someone out there helping you guys."

      "Sam would kill me if anything happened to you." Dean says.

      Realizing that she's been beat, Elena sighs. "Just make sure you save him. And be careful." She says.

      "Alright." Dean says and begins walking to the front door with Bobby.

      "Dean." Elena says and he stops, turning to her. "Promise me."

      Dean sighs. "I promise."

COLD OAK, SOUTH DAKOTA

UNKNOWN LOCATION
[ ☼ ]

      "You ruined my life. You killed everyone I love." Sam says.

      "The cost of doing business, I'm afraid. I mean, sweet little Jessica-she just had to die. You were all set to marry that little blonde thing, become a tax Lawyer with two kids, a beer gut, and a little McMansion in the suburbs. I needed you sharp on the road, honing your skills. Your gifts." YED says. "But I do have to say, Elena is a much better choice."

      "What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asks.

      "No spoiler alerts for now." YED says.

      "What about my mom?" Sam asks.

      "That was bad luck."

      "Bad luck?" Sam asks.

      "She walked in on us. Wrong place, wrong time." It says.

      "What does that mean?"

      "It wasn't about her. It was about you. It's always been about you." YED says.

      "What?"

      "Well...okay. You caught me in a charitable mood. I'll show you." The demon snaps his fingers, and he and Sam are suddenly in Sam's nursery, back on the night Mary died. "Look familiar? It should."

      Sam watches his six-month-old self crying in his crib, while the Yellow-Eyed Demon from the past stands over him all those years ago. "Relax, Sam, this is just a hi-def instant replay. Enjoy the show." The Past YED says.

      Mary Winchester enters the room, looking tired. "John?" She asks.

      "Mom!" Sam yells.

      "Is he hungry?" She asks.

      "Shh." Past YED says.

      "Okay." Mary leaves.

      "Wait, Mom. Mom!" Sam yells.

      "What did I just tell you, Sam? She can't hear you. This isn't real." Present YED says.

      They watch as the Past YED slices his own wrist with his nail. He drips some of the blood onto Baby Sam's mouth. "What the hell are you doing to me?" Sam asks.