53

( ELENA'S A STAR )

      The actors are filming once again, where they had left off the previous day. Tara's character, "Wendy", enters the abandoned house. "Wendy?" Mitch calls.

      "Oh, Mitch! God, you're alive!" Wendy exclaims.

      "You can't get rid of me that easy." Mitch says.

      "Rumble, rumble, rumble!" McG yells in the background.

      "Salt. Okay, we need salt. I read in that book that it keeps ghosts away." Wendy says.

      Mitch turns to the rest of the actors. "Kendra, Logan, you guys check the back." Off-camera, Marty begins whispering to the producer, JAY.

      "Jay, the poor bastard killed himself. Like, for real. Shouldn't we shut it down or something?" Marty asks.

      "We had a moment of silence for him at breakfast. He was just a studio guy." Jay says.

      McG turns around. "Shh!"

      "I love you." Wendy says to Mitch.

      "I know." He shines his flashlight directly in her face. He immediately breaks character. "Sorry."

      Tara also breaks character. "Can we cut or something?" She asks.

      "Uh... yeah, cut. Cut!" McG yells. Dean appears wearing a headset and eating a taqueria. "That's a cut!" Dean resumes eating his taquito.

      McG approaches Tara. "Hey, what's up?" He asks her.

      "I'm sorry. I'm just a little upset." She says.

      "Well, with everything that's been going on around here, who can blame you?" McG asks.

      Tara looks a little displeased. "I just can't wrap my head around the dialogue, you know? Salt? Doesn't that sound silly? I mean, why would a ghost be afraid of salt?" She asks as Dean smirks.

      "Okay, um... Marty?" McG calls.

      "Yo." Marty says when he finally gets there.

      "What do you think?"

      "Not married to salt, what do you want? We still sticking with condiments?" Marty asks.

      "It just sounds different, not better. What else would a ghost be scared of?" McG asks.

      Walter stands next to Dean. "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." He says.

      "What would a ghost be scared of? Maybe shotguns." Marty offers to Walter.

      "Okay, that makes even less sense than salt." McG says.

      "These people are idiots." Walter leaves.

      Sam approaches Dean. "Walter's a little testy for a P.A., huh?" Dean asks.

      "How's it going in here?" Sam asks.

      "It is going really good, man. Tara's really stepped up her performance. I think it's probably from all the sense memory stuff she's drawing on." Dean says.

      "Sense memory?"

      "Yeah."

      "Dean, you know when I ask how it's going in here, I'm talking about the case, right?" Sam asks. "We don't really work here. You know, I thought you hated being a P.A."