33

( END OF THE LINE )

      Susan walks outside and places a box in the trunk of a small red car parked outside. Sherwin pulls up in a red pickup truck. "I can lug those boxes for you." He offers.

      "I got it, Sherwin, thanks." Susan says.

      "Okay then. See you later." Sherwin drives off.

      In the playroom, Tyler winds up a toy and watches it go back and forth. The miniature swingset beside her starts moving on its own. She stares at it.

      A creepy wind blows, and Susan stares as the full-sized swingset also begins moving on its own. She approaches the playground cautiously; all the playsets are moving, and the car starts behind her.

      She lays a hand on the teeter-totter to stop it. Everything starts moving faster, and suddenly the car revs its engine and comes straight at her.

      At the last moment Sam appears, tackling her out of the way. "Are you okay?" He asks.

      "I think so." Susan says.

      "Come on, come on. Let's get inside, let's go." Dean says and they help her into the inn.

      Sam and Dean guide Susan into the bar and to a table. "Whisky." She says.

      "Sure. I know the feeling." Sam says and looks for the desired drink.

      "What the hell happened out there?" Susan asks.

      "You want the truth?" Dean asks.

      "Of course."

      "Well, at first we thought it was some sort of hoodoo curse, but that out there? That was definitely a spirit." He says.

      Sam hands her a glass of whisky. "Here."

      "You're insane." Susan says to Dean.

      "Yeah, it's been said." Elena shoots.

      "Look, I'm sorry, Susan. We don't exactly have time to ease you into this, but we need to know when your mother had the stroke." Sam says.

      "What does that have to do with any—" Susan starts.

      "Just answer the question." Sam interrupts.

      "About a month ago."

      "Right before the killings began." Sam says then turn to Dean. "See? So what if Rose was working hoodoo, but not to hurt anyone. To protect them."

      "She was using the five spot urns to ward off the spirit." Dean says.

      "Right, until she had a stroke and she couldn't anymore." Elena says.

      "I don't believe this." Susan says.

      "Listen, sister, that car didn't try to run you down by itself, okay? I mean, I guess it did, technically, but, but the spirit can — forget it." Dean says.

      Sam interrupts. "Look, believe what you want. But the fact is you and your family are in danger, all right? So you need to clear everybody out of here: your employees, your mother, your daughters, everyone."

      "Um, I only have one daughter." Susan says.

      "One?"

      "I thought Tyler had a sister named Maggie." Elena says.