11

( THE TEACHER'S ASSISTANT )

ANGELA'S PLACE
[ ☼ ]

      Dean hands the girl a kleenex. She's crying, and Dean looks slightly uncomfortable. "So. I'm sure you got a view of Angela that none of her family got to see. Tell me, what, what was she like? I mean, what was she really like?" Dean asks.

      "She was great. Just great. I mean, she was so..." Lindsey starts.

      "Great." Dean finishes.

      "Yeah."

      "Yeah." Dean hands her another tissue. "Here you go. You two must have been really close, huh?"

      "We were. But it's not just her, it's Matt." She says.

      "Who?"

      "Angela's boyfriend." Lindsey says.

      "Right, Matt. What about him?" Dean asks.

      "He killed himself last night. Cut his own throat. Who does that?" She asks.

      "That's terrible." Dean says.

      "He was taking Angela's death pretty hard, and I guess...I mean, he'd been messed up about it for days." Lindsey says.

      "Messed up how?" Dean asks.

      "He kept saying that he saw her everywhere." Lindsey says.

      "Well, I'm, I'm sure that's normal, with everything that he was going through." Dean says.

      "No, he said that he saw her. As in, an acid trip or something." She says.

      "Were Angela and Matt a happy couple? I mean, is there any reason that Angela would be angry with him?" Dean asks.

      "What? No, of course not, why do you ask?"

      "Just asking. Where did Matt live?"

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Sam is sitting on the edge of the bed, watching television. Elena was currently in the bathroom. "Next, on the Skin channel, Casa Erotica Four. A tale of..." The Tv announcer says.

      Dean opens the door, and Sam looks around, startled. He shuts off the TV and tosses down the remote. "Hey." Sam says. Dean enters slowly, glancing between the television and Sam. "What?"

      "Awkward.

      "Where in the hell were you?" Sam asks.

      "Working my imaginary case." Dean says.

      "Yeah? And?"

      "Well, you were right, I didn't find much." Dean says and Sam nods, sympathetic. "Yeah. Except Angela's boyfriend died last night. Slit his own throat. But, you know, that's normal. Uh, let's see, what else. Oh, he was seeing Angela everywhere before he died. But you know, I'm sure that's just me transferring my own feelings."

      "Okay, I get it. I'm sorry, maybe there is something going on here." Sam says.

      "Maybe? Sam, I know how to do my job, despite what you might think." Dean says.

      "We should check out the guy's apartment." Sam says.

      "I just came from there. Pile of dead plants, just like the cemetery. Hell, dead goldfish too." Dean says.