Chapter 2

Hope you guys had a good and safe Christmas!! 😊 Love you guys!!

Part 1

Carter POV

Shay was standing infront of me as I sat on the bed, fixing my Rolex.

I clipped the platinum clasp to the watch and adjusted myself briefly.

I was completely done getting dressed and she was still getting ready with her back facing me.

I folded my hands as I breathed out before looking up at Shay.

She had on dark blue pants and her grey undershirt tucked in snugly with light brown boots on her feet. She still had to put on a shirt and jacket.

Her soft and big curly hair draped down her back and over her shiny, silky shoulders.... I love her natural hair, especially when she wears it down.

Of course this morning contained of a bunch of kisses and hugs because she was still shocked about the house.

Anything for my baby and she knows that...

Today we were going out to look at furniture for our house before we went to my mom's for this little gathering her and Mrs. Rose were hosting since they got off of work early today.

I suddenly got lost in my thoughts while I watched her finish getting ready.

I couldn't help but to think about how strong she was.

It always crossed my mind.

She still has physical therapy but not NEARLY as much as she did before... Her body has come a long way.

We were both really happy when I could lay on her chest again because that meant more than just her holding me delicately like she always used to.

It meant that her body was getting back to normal again.

Slightly against my opinion, Shay went back to work. Even though she doesn't work as much as she used to yet, it still makes me feel some type of way because I don't want her to overwork herself.

She likes to approach things head on and she has no excuses for what she does... Even though I love that about her, this particular situation had a huge excuse that she needed but wasn't using.

I mean I have to literally discontinue, pause things and force myself on situations when she's doing too much with planning our special day with Alisha and working while she's tired as hell.

I have to tell them both sternly to go to bed because they get so carried away with it.... Plus I don't like to wait for Shay to come to bed so we can have our time.

I also have to constantly remind her to not be in a rush for the wedding because as long as she was with me than I was chillin, she of course starts smiling at my honest comments and than she tries to explain to me why she was hurrying up the whole situation.

''This is the one and only time you will ever get married so you better take yo time girl''.... I have said that to her numerous times.

She just tells me I'm overreacting and being too worried about her which she knows I obviously care. She said that she's at 'her' pace.

I thought it was cute how she was in a slight rush to put how we felt about eachother on legal paper but I also feel like my attempts in trying to slow her 'stressful rush' down is going to end up being our first fight... But I was fine with that because we always see both sides of things in a situation.

Our communication game is A1 and that's on everything 💯.

Oh! I'm planning the entire honeymoon. I want her to plan her dream wedding with some of my small elements added onto it because even though she plans to... I'm not planning on having a budget for our wedding.