Chapter 15

Feel free to comment anything :)
Part 1

Shay POV
1 Week Later

I woke up by the feeling of a cold, empty space...

I thought to myself for a second and automatically wondered what time Carter was gonna be back tomorrow. I could barely think because I was sooo deeply asleep...

Carter was gone for 5 days and depending on how his aunt in Texas felt, he was supposed to me coming back tomorrow.

He was taking care of his aunt and her son because her husband was deployed to Afghanistan 7 months ago so she needed help to juggle everything since her son, Mateo, started acting out because his father wasn't home. So Carter needed to give him a talk to remind him exactly why his dad was gone...

I understood the situation and supported it but I still felt like I haven't seen him in foreverrrr 😩

I breathed out for a second before I looked at the clock on the nightstand to see 1:08 p.m.

I stopped squinting my eyes from the small, thin rays of light coming through our huge room so I could wake up.

I slowly rubbed my tired eyes and continued to lay under the silky, thick covers until I suddenly remembered what day it was.

My mother's birthday.

I breathed out stressfully because I didn't feel like going through the sad thoughts even if there wasn't a lot of them.

I wanted to just be cuddled up with my baby today but I think he forgot about it because he was said he was gonna be gone part of the day today in Texas running errands for his aunt.... I also think it was errands for his schooling that he's enrolling in when he decides which branch of education he's going into, which I'm so proud of him for doing for himself and for us 😌.

His aunt is a collegiate admissions director so it was nice to see him getting closer and closer to what he was gonna do...

I slowly sat up in the amazingly comfortable bed while thinking about going somewhere so I wasn't by myself, when I suddenly smelled something.

I scanned our master bedroom to see multiple white and red rose petal trails with small candles lit.

I was in shock for a couple of minutes because that meant that he came back a whole day early for me.

I felt my heart and cheeks heat up like fire before I put my hands up to myself before giggling.

I looked on my fiancé's side of the bed to see a part of a white rose peeking out of the covers.

I laughed a little bit because my heavy sleeping almost dismantled it.

I carefully grabbed the delicate flower before I studied it for a second and ran my fingers over the baby soft petals.

I smelled it and smiled again at the gentle scent.

I shook my head for a second at how amazing my fiancé is at surprising me when I was always the one that did the surprising for everybody.

I sat the flower down and got out of bed to feel my toes landing on a fluffy little red petal.

I smiled and stretched before I started to walk on my soft, gentle trail.

This specific trail let me to the bathroom. I slowly walked as I tried to stop smiling at the view.

He had the whole bathroom decorated in candles and rose petals.

I looked at the tub to see a brand new Victoria's Secret set on the top of the huge bath tub, along with my gray silk robe and a selection of bath bombs that I've been wanting to try out.