Chapter 8

Part 2

Ky POV

I tried to breathe out calmly as I opened my left eye a little.

I tried to clear the fuzziness of my vision as I attempted to look around.

I look at all the white bandages on me and remember that I was in a horrible car accident.

I closed my eyes and breathed out as a strong sensation of emotional and physical pain washed over me.

Even though it hurt, I still managed to moan out in pain.

It took a couple minutes for a nurse to come into my room to check something when I tried to get her attention.

I moved my hand the most I could but she clearly didn't notice... I tried to talk quietly but nothing was coming out.

I let out a breath of fatigue as she began to head out of my room.

I had one last attempt.

I built it up in myself to make a noise... A muffled word that I should've used a long time ago.

"Help".

Her footsteps went quiet before I heard them come closer.

I let out a small, painful breath of relief.

I didn't realize how bad my body hurt until I thought about it.

My entire body was aching and sore but some parts worse than others. My entire left side was excruciating.

She already knew that so she gave me some strong pain medication along with other stuff.

She said she would go out and get my family.

Family? I didn't know anybody was here.... Did I?

I laid there, beyond tired as a man came in.

He told me he was my surgeon and asked me questions.

I tried to answer them but he said that it was okay, I could answer them tomorrow because he wanted me to save my breath for my family.

I tried to thank him but he couldn't really understand me. It was hard for me to make certain sounds right now so even though it took a minute, I just spelled it out in his hand with my finger.

I heard my mom's voice and I became very comfortable, then Carter, then Shay, then everybody else.

As everybody came in to talk to me and have a moment with me, I felt at ease until more and more people came in and she still wasn't here.

I didn't hear the one person I really wanted....

Alisha.

It made me basically almost depressed that she wasn't here anymore but I had to accept it.

I guess she left after she saw me... That's so not her though.

And I don't know what happened to Monè either... But I would be lying if I said I cared in any type of way right now.

I breathed out in fatigue as everybody said bye to me. They said they would decide who was gonna stay overnight with me outside my room.

I couldn't argue.

From outside my room, I heard somebody eagerly volunteer themselves but I couldn't really hear their voice to make out who it was.

Everybody came back in to love on me and stuff one last time before they left.