Chapter 9

Ky POV
*1 Month Later*

I gritted my teeth together as I tried my hardest to lift up my left arm.

My shoulder was fucking killing me.

I was in physical therapy with my physical therapist named Jordan. After I had all my shoulder surgeries, I had to rehab my body back... Especially since my arthroscopy and rotator cuff had a time range that I needed to fulfill if I wanted my arm to work the same ever again.

I already did my back therapy treatment, now I was doing arm.

"Come on Harris you got this" Jordan encouraged.

I breathed out and used my good arm to run my hand over my face to wipe the sweat off.

I glanced at my left arm.

I still had a bandage around my wrist and my sling was off.

I don't give a fuck what nobody say... Physical therapy is the hardest mothafuckin thang blood. Uggh 😩

It's a mental endurance.

"Let's get it, you only got 4 more reps!" He tried to motivate me. "Get there Harris!" He clapped loudly.

I grabbed the small bar and let my arm shake as I tried my hardest to push it up in full rotation.

'Get this Ky! Your already in pain, get a reward from it!' I repeated to myself over and over as I finished my reps.

It felt like my arm was ripping apart.

It took me a little longer to finish my last rep because I had no more left inside me.

I groaned out with my face scrunched while sweat ran down my veins as I continued to push my body passed it's limit.

I breathed out harshly as I let go of the small bar and let my arm rest at my side.

I let my body be stiff for a minute until the pain wasn't as intense before I even thought about relaxing.

"Amazing!! Keep workin like that and you'll be out of here in no time dawg!" Jordan said excited.

He was a tall, buff black football trainer who did physical therapy on the side. He was a real dope cat.

He reached his hand out to give me dabs and I couldn't help but chuckle and return it.

I carefully and cautiously put my arm back in my sling and waited for a second.

Carter was supposed to be coming down to push me back up to my room in my wheelchair.

"Nice work J" I commented to Jordan as I wheeled myself in my chair with one hand to the desk.

I was cut off by Jordan pushing me.

"I gotchu bro" he said as we strolled.

We started chatting about professional sports and other things when Carter walked into the big facility that was attached to the hospital.

"Wassup playuh" he said as he gave me a handshake hug with my good hand.

"Wassup B" I responded back.

"What's good J" he said greeting Jordan the same way he did to me.

We all talked for a smooth minute like we always did before Carter pushed me up to my room.

I was so tired that all I wanted to do was sleep and rest my sore muscles.

Carter helped me up out of my chair and into my bed comfortably.