Chapter 7

Part 1.

Alisha POV

I breathed out as my hands and muscles cramped around my arms.

I was holding myself... Together.

I couldn't afford to fall apart because I had to be strong for the both of us.

It feels like everything was moving in slow motion.

I tapped my leg without even realizing how viciously my nerves moved as I looked at the clock.

The loud sound of the little red line on the clock ticking.... to the loud squeaking of the nurses shoes... to the buzzing of the bright white hallway lights.

Ky has been in surgery for two hours but it feels like years.

Shay and I already called everybody that needed to be informed and they were all here... I just couldn't see anything but Ky or his surgeons right now because at this very exact second...

Nobody else mattered.

I just wish I could've been able to tell him that I was in love with him. He always and already knew that I loved him... Just not the way I grew to.

One of Ky's surgeons, Dr. Wyatt, was coming out to give us a update while we waited anxiously when Monè suddenly came through the door.

She seemed like she wasn't in any rush emotionally because her face was blank but she physically was speed walking.

I'm surprised I even realized it was her.

I was just so numb.

Nothing else could effect me in any worse way than what just happened did.

I breathed out stressfully as my nerves continued to radiate out of my body when the surgeon approached us.

I studied him.

Clear.

... I looked at him for any sign or disappointment or sorrow and he didn't have that.

I mean I knew professionals were trained to not show emotion but this was different.

As we waited for him, I felt the comforting presence of Carter, Shay and Ky's mother. Everybody else was still on their way.

Dr. Hendon approached us also as we stood with anticipation.

I bit my lip hard at the strong, undeniable feeling of reality as they stood infront of us.

"I would like to inform Mehki Harris's family of the multiple emergency surgeries...." Dr. Hendon paused for a second.

"He is doing just fine" They both spoke the words that I would forever be thankful for.

I felt hot tears running down my face as I came to terms with the fact that he was actually okay.

I heard Carter thanking god outloud, along with sniffles from Shay, Coree and Ky's mother.

"Although, he is in very critical condition right now. Starting from top to bottom... We had to stabilize his beaten up neck with a brace, repair his wrist that suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns, repair every tendon in his left shoulder that he used to get out of the car with. We had to secure his multiple rib fractures and left sided abdomen damage from the impact, which he also had a gashed incision that required 11 stitches..." He paused for a second.

"We also ran some tests and he will have effects of the chemical air explosion he became victim to. The effects won't last that long... After the car tumbled, the roof caved in on him, he will need physical therapy or his lower back will curl up permanently overtime. From the impact of the car smashing perfectly into the drivers side, he had his entire left leg crushed" Dr. Wyatt read charts briefly as his voice got serious.