Chapter 18: What If?

Here is the new chapter guys, it took me a while to get it out and I apologize for the long wait and I'm trying to get the next chapter out by next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee:

"Ren," I collapsed happily on the bed looking up at her, "I think I'm in love with Thor."

Renee gaped at me, "You just came to this conclusion now?"

She shook her head, "I think I knew for a while. I just couldn't admit it because I haven't known him that long."

"You overthought it as usual." Renee brushed my hair away from my face, "Hun, if you love Thor does this mean you will eat the fruit?"

"I want to," I smiled, "I have to. I want to be able to see him whenever I want."

Renee bit her lip as if she was trying not to say something to me.

I furrowed my brows at her in worry, "Is there something you have to tell me?"

"I feel like I should..." she trailed off, "Since you've been here, have you felt different?"

"No, why would I feel different?"

"I don't know," she sighed, "like have you felt like you belong here?"

"Yes," I shrugged at her, "I feel like I belong with Thor and I can't really describe it but I feel more at ease somehow."

She gaped at me and I could see that she was holding back tears.

I hugged her, "What are you trying to tell me Ren?"

She held me, "Kaylee, I love you."

"And I love you Ren, what's going on with you?"

She pulled away and looked at me, "It's nothing, honestly, I'm just really happy for you..."

"But something's wrong, what is it?"

She exhaled heavily, "Kaylee, there's something you should know."

"Then tell me!" I furrowed my brows frustrated.

"Kaylee you're not human." She whispered, "Kaylee your father is Ullr, the god of the hunt and games. If you eat that fruit, you'll never be the same."

I gasped at her furiously, "WHAT?"

---------------------------------------------------

Renee:

"Kaylee, please!"

She paced up and down furiously, "Who else knows?"

"Well I'm guessing everyone, except for Thor."

"Thor?" she heaved, "He must know. Why else would he have brought me here?"

"Kaylee if he knew, why would he tell you about eating the fruit? You wouldn't need it like William and I would."

"Oh please Ren!" she shouted, "Thor can't be that stupid, he must have known."

I sighed, why did I have to say anything?

"Kaylee, do you really think he would try to trick you like that?"

"I don't know that." She pulled her hair angrily.

"Kaylee the man loves you, he would never do something like that to you."