Chapter 9: Asgard

Kaylee:

I walked through on the other side to find Sif and Renee standing next to Heimdall.

They were smiling at us.

William came in behind us looking around in awe at the sheer wonder of the room.

The Bifrost Bridge glistened with the colours of the rainbow. William walked around examining the bridge.

“This is so much more awesome than the books made it sound.”

“Just wait until you see the rest of Asgard.” Sif smirked at him.

I myself was in utter shock at the place. I had read bits and pieces of Norse mythology but I never really took it too seriously. I knew it would be overwhelming to be here but I didn’t know it was this gorgeous. And I know I haven’t even scratched the surface of it because I still need to meet Frig and Odin and the others.

Thor took my hand, “Are you ready to enter the castle?”

I gulped, “No, but now’s as good a time as any.”

Renee ran up next to us. “Let’s go, besides I want to see more guys, or should I say Gods?”

I rolled my eyes at her, “Really Ren?”

She grinned at me bursting with excitement.

“Are the warriors hot?” She glanced at Thor, “Are they nice?”

“I don’t think you can associate warrior with nice, Ren.” I glared at her.

She sighed, “What?”

I raised my brow at her.

“Okay fine, I’ll behave.” She pouted.

…………………

We followed Thor into the throne room.

An old but muscled man, with grey hair and beard and an eye patch sat on the throne. His expression was angry but relieved to see us.

“He really does wear an eye patch.” I whispered.

“Shh!” Sif nudged me, “He might be old but his hearing is perfect.”

I straightened my shoulders and got serious as we stopped in front of him. Thor knelt before him and we followed.

“Father, I’ve returned.”

“I can see.” He said sternly.

His voice made me tremble. It was way more powerful than Thor’s.

“You’ve brought the girl back with you, and her friends it looks like. Why have you brought them here?”

“Father, I think you should get to know Kaylee. Humans aren’t as lost you think.”

“Don’t tell me you went to Midgard, defying me, and then stayed them for three months against my sending Sif after you and then think you can walk in here with them telling me what you think I should do.”

“Father, please.”

“I should put you in the dungeon!” Odin shouted at him, “What is so important about this girl that you would defy me so boldly?”

I felt Thor stand.

“You should talk to her and find out for yourself.”

Odin walked down the steps from his throne and right up to Thor’s face staring him in the eye.

“I will talk to the girl, but not now.” He walked over to me, “Stand up.”

I hesitated before willing myself to stand. When I managed to get up I held my head down.

Odin put a finger beneath my chin and held my head up to face him. He stared me in the eye.

“Ah.” He said softly, “So you are the girl that has stolen Thor’s heart.”

I gaped at him dumbfounded.

“Why are you so surprised?” He furrowed his brows.

“I-I.” I stammered not able to form my words.

“I see.” He cupped my cheek gently and walked back over to Thor, “I will talk to her after the banquet. My son has returned.”

…………….

A tall, beautiful dark haired girl came into the room holding two dresses. She introduced to herself to me and Renee as Sjofn. She was followed shortly by a shorter, mild mannered blonde girl, she smiled to us and told us to sit.

Renee and I looked at each other and did as we were told.

“I am Fulla.”

She brushed my hair and braided two Dutch braids in my hair and secured them a gold floral hair comb. Fulla held my hand and pulled me up before she gestured for me to put on a white draped tunic with lace trimming.

I took off the clothes I was wearing and put on the dress.

“It suits you.” Fulla smiled at me and put a leather belt around my waist.

I looked back at Renee who was wearing a red tunic similar to mine.

“What do you think Ren?”

“You look like a Norse princess, I could get used to these dresses. What about me?”

“You look great.” I smiled at her.

“Come, follow me,” Sjofn stood in the doorway, “the banquet is beginning.”

Renee and I exchanged nervous looks and followed.