Chapter 2: Not a Myth

Kaylee:

I closed the door behind me as I walked into my flat. Renee is lying on her bed watching the Vampire Diaries. I wave at her to catch her attention.

She looked at me and paused the show.

“What’s up?” she asked in her posh British accent.

I sighed and sat on my bed facing her as I rest my books on the dresser next to the bed.

“Someone just asked me out.” I said looking at her with a skeptical expression.

“BULLOCKS!” she shouted smiling, “What did you do, Kaylee? I know you must have shot him down.”

“That’s just it, Ren.” I exhaled heavily, “I told him to meet me on Saturday afternoon.”

Renee burst out laughing at me, “No way! You really agreed to meet a guy?”

“Yes, I did.” I said covering my face with my pillow.

Renee snatched the pillow from me and sat next to me holding my hands.

“Kay, you know I love you right?”

“Yes?” I smiled nervously at her.

“Then listen to me when I tell you this.” She looked at me with a serious expression, “You can’t go out with that wardrobe catastrophe.” She said pointing to my side of the walk-in closet.

I gasped and nudged her shoulder, “There’s nothing wrong with my clothes, Ren.”

“The very fact that you said that makes my point more valid.” She laughed, “We have to find something for you to meet him in.”

I shook my head at her, “I have enough clothes already. Besides I have an exam tomorrow at one.”

“When was the last time you went shopping, Kay?” Renee got up walking towards the closet. “It looks like Mother Mary’s thrift shop in here!” she exclaimed.

“My clothes aren’t that bad.” I shrugged.

“Yes they are. You haven’t been shopping since you started College.” She threw her hands up in frustration. “We’re going tomorrow after your exam and that’s final!”

“Fine.” I said after a moment of looking at my side of the closet. “Is it really that bad?”

“Bloody hell!” Renee laughed, “Tomorrow after your exam I’ll pick you up and we’re going.”

Sif and William searched every part of the campus. There’s still no sign of Thor.