Chapter 21: Goddess

Kaylee:

"Why is she glowing?"

I heard Renee asking as I felt myself going lightheaded. I dropped the fruit and held my head as I felt the dizziness kick in.

"Stop shouting!" I yell at her.

I felt Thor come up behind me holding my waist as I fall back into him.

"What's wrong with me?" I looked at my hands hyperventilating, "I look like something out of Twilight."

"Your powers are awakening," Thor held me tightly, "you're burning up! We need to get you to Sjofn."

He picked me up and walked towards the castle.

"What's going to happen to her?"

I hear William's voice as I go out of consciousness.

..............................

"She's awake now."

Sjofn said nonchalantly as I opened my eyes to her standing over me with a wooden staff.

"What happened?"

"Your body was adjusting to your powers. Looks like they're stronger than expected." She put the staff back on the mantel, "I had to use Yggdrasil to heal you."

"Heal me?" I gaped at her, "Why?"

"When you ate the fruit all of the powers activated at once..." She crossed her arms. "It was too much for your body to handle all of a sudden."

"So what happens to her now?" William walked up to her, "What are her powers?"

"I don't know." She shook her head, "Only Kaylee or an oracle would know that."

"But I don't..." I sighed, "Where can we find an oracle?"

"There's Freya," Thor suggested, "but we'll have to go to Fólkvangr, and that's no easy task."

"Are you crazy?" Sjofn glared at him, "There's no way you're going to the afterlife, not right now."

"Why would you suggest that?" I gaped at him angrily, "Isn't there anyone else?"

"Only Odin." He sighed.

"Okay. Then I'll take my chances with him."

"Can't we just wait and see?" Renee held me back, "You don't know how Odin's going to take this."

"Take what?"

I gasped as Odin's powerful voice overtook the room.

Sjofn bowed to him and walked out.

"What's the meaning of this?" He raised a brow at us.

"Kaylee ate the fruit."

Thor stood up on his guard.

"It was only a matter of time." Odin took my hand. "Did you really think I wouldn't know the moment you took a bite of that fruit?"

I gaped at him confused.

"At first I thought you were just a human girl that Thor had some frivolous infatuation with. But then we talked and I could tell what you were."

"How could you tell?" I felt my heart racing.

"I couldn't read your thoughts." He smiled, "The fact that you're Ullr's daughter means nothing, what you do with the knowledge of who you are is what I'll judge you on."