Chapter 19: The Return of the King

Kaylee:

I looked up at him studying his face. He looked so much more confused than I felt and I couldn't help but feel guilty for what I was thinking about him.

I exhaled heavily, "I thought you were trying to use me." I said softly.

He frowned at me, "Why?"

I shook my head, "What if you were?"

He scoffed and let go of my hands. He gave me a really disappointed look and then stood up walking away from me.

I sighed, "Thor."

"I don't know what to say." He walked to the corner of the room and picked up Mjolnir. "I'm going out for a while. We can talk again when I get back."

.........................................

Renee:

"Take me to see Frigg." I pleaded with Sjofn.

"I can't simply walk you in to see her." She said trying to calm me down. "You should know there is a way of doing things."

"Yes but I need to see her." I pleaded, "There's something I need to ask her."

"Well I can't take you." She said taking up the vase of old flowers from our room. "You'd have a better chance asking Fulla." She said before leaving the room.

I walked out behind her, "Where is Fulla right now?"

"She's either with Frigg or in the garden making her headbands." She shrugged and walked away.

I sighed. Sjofn was so peculiar. She was supposed to be a goddess of love but she was always so cavalier about everything.

I shook my head and walked out to the garden where we made headbands before. Fulla was sitting solemnly looking out at Mani the god of the moon.

"Fulla?" I said smiling at her.

"Yes." She smiled back at me and bowed her head, "I was just resting." She laughed nervously, "Do you need my help with something?"

"I do actually," I sat beside her, "is it possible that you can take me to Frigg?"

"I can ask her to meet with you." She furrowed her brows, "Is something the matter? Are you uncomfortable staying here?"

"No." I shook my head, "It's just that there's something I need to ask her about Kaylee."

She gulped and gaped at me, "Um, sure." She said after a long pause. "Come with me."

..................................................

William:

"Kaylee knows who she is now." I said as I walked up to Sif.

She sheathed her sword, "How did she find out?" she raised a brow at me.

"Renee told her," I sighed, "and she went to confront Thor about it."

"Well..." she shook her head, "Sounds like fun."

"I hope Kaylee doesn't do anything too rash." I held my forehead, "I don't know how to help at this point."

"It' okay William, you just have to be there for her when she needs you."

"I can try," I sighed taking a seat on the bed, "I just don't know how much help I can be for her right now."

She kissed my cheek, "You're a good man Will," she smiled at me, "and you're an even better friend. As long as she knows you're here that's all that matters."

I smiled back at her and she kissed me.

"Now," she sighed, "Time for me to find some boar to hunt." She said before exiting the room.

................................................

Kaylee:

Where's Ren. She's not in our room. Why did I have to say that to him? He really didn't deserve that.

I sighed.

He couldn't even look at me. I don't even think I could look at me...

I picked up a pillow and screamed into at the top of my lungs. Why do I always have to go there to that place of doubt?

I walk outside to the Garden and sit in the gazebo to think.

"Nice view isn't it."

I gasp. That voice.

I look back to see my father. "Why are you here?" I glared at him standing up.

"No," he raised a brow at me, "why are you here?"

"I asked you first." I said sternly.

He laughed and took a seat. I backed away from him slowly.

"Are you scared of me now?" he smiled, "What did they tell you about me?"

"I'm not scared, I just don't want to be too close to you."

"Why?" he stood up and walked up to me examining my face. "I see you haven't eaten the fruit yet at least."

"Now I'm thinking I should have."

"Well that's up to you." He brushed my hair back and sighed, "After all that I have done to hide you away from Asgard, you still end up here with them."

I looked him in the eye, "I know what happened here with you."

"Then you should know to return home and forget this." He grabbed my arm. "What do you think will happen when Odin finds out that you're my daughter?"

I gaped at him. I didn't even think about that until now. I'm his daughter, the man who almost took Asgard away from Odin.

I pulled away from him. "How did you even get here? Didn't Heimdall have to let you in?"

"I came to get you." He took my hand, "Come home."

"No." I pushed him away, "I'll leave when I'm ready, there's something I have to do before I go."

"You were always such a stubborn girl."

"Shouldn't you be leaving before someone sees you here and alerts Odin?"

He glared at me and disappeared.

I sighed and fell to my knees. I have to see Thor...