Chapter 22: Family

Kaylee:

I opened my eyes to see Thor sitting next to me on the bed.

I sat up. "Did you tell Odin about my father?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay, how did he react?"

"Surprisingly," he exhaled, "he took it pretty well. I think he may have already known that he was here."

"Well... he is the all-father..."

"How are you feeling?" He pressed the back of his hand against my forehead.

I smiled up at him, "I feel normal again... I think."

I held his hand in mine and watched him as he sulked.

"I'm more worried about you... Thor, are you alright?"

He cupped my chin with his free hand. I relaxed against the warmth of his hand on my face.

"It's just that my father told me something he realized about your mother and I don't know how I should tell you."

I furrowed my brows at him, "What is it? Tell me." I tried to say calmly.

"She's..." he trailed off, "Ullr, he..."

"He what?!" I let go of his hand. "Tell me what he did to her."

He got up and turned away from me in frustration.

"Thor, tell me what happened to my mother." I got up infuriated, "I have been searching for her for the past 8 years, I can't believe someone as caring and loving as she was would have just up and left me alone with my father." I heaved, "If he did something to her tell me, whatever it is that he did to her can't be as bad as what I've imagined him doing to her since I learnt who my father really is the other day."

He faced me, "She's dead Kaylee." He said as he walked towards me slowly.

"He killed her?" I whispered as I felt the tears pouring down my face.

He nodded slowly as he wrapped me up in his arms.

I screamed and pushed him away as a surge of light came out of my hands sending him crashing through the wall.

I gaped at him in shock at what I just did. I looked down at my hands as they glowed, slowly turning back to normal.

Thor groaned as he got back up to his feet trying to steady himself, holding onto the back of his head.

"I'm so sorry." He said slowly coming towards me.

"N-No!" I managed to say in between sobs as I looked at my hands, still not knowing how I did what I did. "Don't come near me, I could have hurt you. I'm the one who should be apologizing."

"It's okay," he took my hands, "you didn't do it on purpose."

I looked at him crying profusely as I fell to my knees.

He knelt down in front of me and held me close to him.

"You're not alone Kaylee." He kissed my head, "You'll never be alone."

.............

William:

I sat on the bed and groaned in misery.

Sif hugged me from behind and kissed my shoulders.

"What's wrong, Will?"

"I'm really worried about Kaylee." I sighed.