Chapter 6: Crush

William:

I yawned stretching as I woke up on the sofa. There was a strange weight on my lap. I looked down to see Sif curled up with her head resting on my leg.

I smiled at her. She looked so beautiful while she slept. I tried hard to resist stroking her hair and lying kisses on her cheek.

I sighed and nudged her shoulder.

She groaned and opened her eyes, “What?”

“It’s Sunday.” I wiped my eyes.

“Where’s Thor?” she asked looking around.

“I don’t know.” I yawned, “He didn’t come home?”

The door opened and Thor walked in.

I got up and walked over to the kitchen.

“What happened last night?” I heard Sif ask Thor.

“I told Kaylee the truth.”

“How did she take it?”

“She didn’t believe me at first.” He trailed off, “I had to change the weather.”

Sif laughed as the two of them continued their Godly banter. I yawned taking some pizza pockets out of the freezer and putting them into the microwave. I walked over to the coffee machine, put in the coffee beans and leave it to do its magic.

“I slept on Kaylee sofa.” I heard Thor say in that arrogant voice of his.

“William knows Kaylee.”

“What!?” Thor heaved.

I stopped and looked back. “Oh no.” I think to myself.

“They’re friends.” I heard her say quickly after.

I exhaled in relief.

“You can probably ask him about her.” I heard her encourage him.

“Oh shit!” I have to talk to Thor. I groaned holding onto the bar counter.

“William?”

I looked up to see Thor sitting on the stool on the opposite side of the bar.

“How well do you know Kaylee?” he looked at me questioning.

“Uh-” I paused, “Since we were kids.”

“So you know her well then?”

“Yea, I guess.”

I walked to the microwave to get out the pizza pockets.

“Want one?” I asked him.

“Sure.”

I gave him two pizza pockets and Sif walked in. I gave her share to her and poured myself a cup of coffee, sitting at the counter to eat.

“Do you have coke?” Thor asked taking a bite.

“In the fridge.” I pointed.

“Coke?” Sif asked looking anxious.

“It’s a good bubbly drink.” Thor smiled at her, “You should try it.” He said giving her a bottle and showing her how to open it.

Sif tasted the coke and drank half of it.

“This is really good.” She smiled at me with those adorable brown eyes of hers.

I felt my face go hot as I smiled back at her, taking a sip of coffee to hide my feelings.

“Do you know why Kaylee chose to study psychology?” Thor furrowed his brows.

“You should probably ask her.”

He raised his brow at me and I sighed.

“Kaylee wants to change the opinion of the world. The only one who can explain is her herself.” I shrugged at him.

Thor sits in deep thought as he drinks his coke.

“Do you think she’d come to Asgard with me?”

I didn’t know how to reply to that. I shrugged at him as I got up to wash the dishes.

Thor sighed and got up.

“Hey by the way,” I looked back at him, “Do you have any more clothes, ones that fit?”