Chapter 26: Training

Kaylee:

Forseti lunged at me with one of his flaming twin swords. I jumped over the blade and rolled over on the ground.

"What the hell?" I gaped at him, "What was that for?"

He chuckled, "I was testing your reflexes."

"This isn't funny." I glared at him.

He sheathed his swords on his back and helped me up to my feet.

"You won't learn at the pace I need you to if I baby you, Kaylee."

"But, you also don't need to set me on fire."

I punched his arm as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I wouldn't have hurt you sister, besides if I didn't do that you wouldn't have known you could dodge a surprise attack that well."

I paused and frowned. Maybe he's right, and did I just do that?

"I guess I am pretty badass." I smirked, "Don't I need a weapon."

"You are a badass, and yes you do need a weapon." He smiled softly at me, "That's why I brought Araevin along, he's a battle tactician and weapons master."

I looked over to Araevin sharpening his blades.

He looked up at me and nodded.

"So... what weapon do I get then?"

"Well, first you need to train," he threw a wooden sword over to me, "and then we let your weapon choose you."

I raised a brow and smirked at him. "So, I'm Harry Potter now?"

He shook his head, "You know I have no clue who that is." he chuckled. "Come on," he picked up a practice sword, "follow me, get into position."

I mimicked his pose and held up my sword like the novice I was.

"Like this?"

He nodded and lunged at me again. This time I blocked his blow with my sword and pushed him backwards, I thrusted my sword at his side, right below his rib cage and he blocked my blow.

"You're a natural at this sis," he beamed, "but don't get too cocky."

He kicked me back and came at me from above.

I rolled over to the side, jumping up to meet him again as our swords touched.

"I won't get cocky," I smirked, "but I can't fight to lose."

He nodded and smiled to me as he went to kick me again. I blocked his leg with my hand and kicked him in the side.

He beamed at me as he held his side. "Your instincts are great Kaylee."

I realised I kicked him way harder than he was kicking me.

He winced a bit.

"I'm so sorry." I ran up to him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." he smiled, "It's alright, I'm glad you weren't holding back."

"I don't even really understand what I did."

He hugged me, "The more we train, the more you will understand about yourself."

"So that is the ability of a huntress?" Hermod rubbed his chin, "You were holding your own as if you were doing this for decades. Your speed is incredible."

He tapped Forseti's shoulder. "Do you want me to take over?"

"Not yet," he shook his head, "I want to show Kaylee how to control her light."