Chapter 3: Shopping

Kaylee:

“Well that went as good as it could have.” I muttered to myself as I walked down the college steps.

I heard a car horn beeping as I slowly came out of my thoughts. It’s Renee. She wasn’t kidding. She really did mean right after my exam.

I sighed and got into the passenger seat as I buckled my seat belt.

“How did it go?” she asked putting on Victoria Secrets Beauty Rush lip gloss.

“It went okay. A few tricky questions.” I say softly.

“I bet you did great. You’re always like this after you’re mid-terms.”

I smiled, “So, where are we going?”

“Must you ask?” Renee said driving out of the gates. “We’re going to check out the new stock at Lola’s Boutique.”

That’s Renee’s favourite clothing shop in all of London. I never could understand why though. The stuff in there was gorgeous I must admit but it was a bit on the expensive side for my tastes.

I rolled my eyes at her, “You know I don’t care for that store Ren. It’s way too little clothing covering your bum for way too much money.”

“Says the girl with the millionaire father.” Renee said focusing on the road.

“So?”

“So you can afford to splurge a little!”

I shook my head at her as we pulled into the Mall’s parking lot.

Renee hooked her arm through mine. “Let’s get you fixed up.”

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William:

“What the hell was I thinking letting them stay here with me?” I thought to myself watching them argue over what the television was. “I love being alone.”

“It’s sorcery!” Thor shouted.

“Evil wizards created them.” Sif replied, “We passed them everywhere outside. They trapped the humans in this box.”

I slapped my forehead. I can’t take this anymore.

“It’s a television!” I shouted at them. “No one’s trapped inside. It’s just broadcasting messages.”

They both looked at me wide-eyed with their heads tilted.

What do they do in Asgard? Aren’t they supposed to keep track of humans and their creations? Isn’t that what a God does?

“This box is called a television?” Thor asked examining it with Mjolnir in his hand.

“Don’t!” I yelled.

It’s too late. He smashed my 40inch plasma TV. I should have never opened up my mouth and invited them here.

“Sorry.” Thor said looking at the pieces. “I thought that’s how you turned it off.”

“You use a remote!”

“Remote?” Sif asked looking at me with those gorgeous honey brown eyes of hers. And that long light brown hair. God she’s beautiful.

“Yes, you press the red button to turn it off.” I frowned at the mess and sighed.

“Next time say something then.” She said sitting on the sofa with her boots on the coffee table.

“Please don’t destroy anything else?” I pleaded as I shook my head clenching my fists and walked back to my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee:

“Perfect!” Renee clapped her hands as he saw me walk out of the dressing room.

“I feel like an airhead.” I pouted.

“You look great!”

She walked up to me and spun me around to look in the mirror.

I looked at myself from head to toe in the get-up. I suppose it was a nice, white, casual baby doll dress. But I don’t have time to dress up like this.

I sighed.

My fluffy, honey brown curls look at me in the mirror. I touched them and pouted as I noticed my eyebrows looking like caterpillars. And my freckles…

“I don’t have time for this.” I said storming back into the room to take off the dress.

“Yes you do!” Renee followed. “You’re buying this and then we’re going to the salon.”

“What for?” I placed my hands on my hips, “I don’t have to go on this date. It’s my final year and I want that 4.0.”

“That’s just you’re excuse to keep your vulnerable side hidden.” Renee raised her brow, “I know you Kay; you need this. Stop stressing and let’s go.”