Chapter 4: Date

Kaylee:

I look in the mirror before my date. I can’t believe I let Renee talk me into getting this ridiculous blow out at the salon yesterday. I feel so awkward with straight hair. But my eyebrows, I love the way the stylist has arched them. They look so perfect. I smile to myself as I put on my Baby Lips lip balm in peach kiss.

I put on the dress and my brown wedged, ankle boots.

Renee smiled at me. “Now you look great. You should shop more often.”

I roll my eyes and walk to the door, “See you later, Ren.” I said as I closed the door.

…………………………               

There he is standing at the fountain. He’s not in costume anymore. I can’t believe I actually let Renee  convince me to dress this way. He's just in jeans, a black t-shirt and sneakers. But he looks like he’s just stepped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch billboard ad.

“Why is holding that hammer again though?” I wondered as I approached him.

“Kaylee.” He smiled at me, “You look different.”

I blushed, “I look weird don’t I.” I sighed.

“No.” He flashed that sexy grin of his, “You look… tempting.”

“Tempting?” I laughed, “That’s an interesting choice of a word.”

“Did I offend you?” he asked puzzled.

“No.” I shook my head, “You didn’t say it offensively. It’s just a weird word to use… I guess.”

He held out his hand to me as I watched him confused. I don’t understand why but I took it and walked beside him not knowing where to look. The electricity I felt was overwhelming, yet I still held onto his hand not sure what I should do.

“Why do you have that hammer?” I finally ask him after a long, long moment of silence.

“This is Mjolnir.” He said smiling at me as he spun it around in his hand.

“What are you doing?” I asked unsure of what reaction I should have.

He smiled at me and raised his hand turning the perfectly sunny sky to one filled with grey. The clouds blocked out the sun completely and thunder started rolling.

I blinked in disbelief as I watched him talk.

“This is what Mjolnir is for.”

“Right.” I said blinking.

I turned away and started walking away from him. This goes against everything that is sound knowledge. This guy was clearly a raging lunatic and I was foolish enough to think that someone like him would be normal if they asked me out.

He grabbed my arm. “Did I scare you?”

I pulled away from him, “Look. You clearly are confused.” I shook my head at him, “And I’m an idiot.”

“No. My name is Thor.” He said looking me.

He’s serious.

“No. No. No.” I exhaled laughing. “This is ridiculous. Goodbye.” I said walking away.

He appears in front of me floating in mid-air.

I look around the lawn area. No one else is around to see what I’m seeing. I know what this is. I must have fallen down the stairs at home and hit my head on a step.

Yes. That’s it.

I pinch myself, “Ouch.”

I looked up and he’s still there, floating and looking at me.

“Jesus Christ!” I shouted. “Get down!”

He stood in front of me with his legs on the ground.

“Do you believe me now?”

I nodded as I gulped. “You’re Thor?”

“Yes I am.”

“And you wanted to get to know me?”

“Yes I did and I still do,” he smiled. “I am intrigued by you Kaylee. You’ve always been so determined.”

I blinked looking at him dumbfounded. I started laughing hysterically.

“Me, you want to know me?” I asked shocked.

He nodded at me with his perfectly shaped head.

“Kaylee Differ? Me?” I said pointing inwardly to myself.

“Yes.” He tilted his head. “Kaylee, I want to know you.”

I looked at him. He’s serious. Thor, the God wants to know me, of all people. I laughed, I really can’t believe this. Renee will surely call the asylum for me when I tell her about this.