Chapter 11: Who was she?

I'm sorry for late updates guys. I'm back at uni again and I've been busy trying to make deadlines for projects and essays but I will make an effort to update as regularly as I can.

Renee:

“What the hell happened between you two?” Kaylee looked at me worried.

“You told me about him at the restaurant,” I sighed shaking angrily, “I don’t know what could have made him think he could sit next to me like that.”

“Like what?” Kaylee looked at me confused.

“It was like he did nothing and it didn’t matter, he just sat next to me looking at me with a smug look on his face,” I exhaled, “I couldn’t hold it in anymore, I just slapped him!”

Kaylee gaped at me with her jaw dropped.

I sat on the bed frustrated. “I think I want to go back to London Kay.”

“Are you scared?”

“Of course!” I glared at her, “That guy is the original psycho.”

She sat next to me and hugged my shoulders.

“You’ll be okay Ren, Odin will deal with him.”

“I hope so.” I tried to calm myself, “I just don’t know Kay.”

“Ren you’re the craziest person I know, if anyone should be scared it should be Loki.” She giggled, “He may be a God but take it from me, your wrath is far more fearful than anything he can do.”

“Kay.” I sighed frowning.

“No! Ren I know you.” She smiled at me, “Plus they’re so many others here who will have your back. We are Thor and Odin’s guests.”

“That’s true,” I forced a smile, “I think I’m just going to try to get some sleep.”

“I think you should.”

Kaylee got up and tucked me in.

“I’ll stay in with you.” She smiled trying to get me to relax more.

“Hey Ren,” she got into the other side of the bed, “who do you think that woman was talking to Thor?”

I looked over at her instantly, “She was suspicious wasn’t she?”

“Yes I don’t know what it is about her, but I’ve just gotta find out.”

“What’s her deal anyway?” I rested on my wrist, “She was clearly flirting with him.”

“I know right!” Kaylee shook her head, “And who’s Bragi?”

“From the way he asked and how she reacted he could be her husband or something.”

“Yes!” Kaylee’s eyes widened, “But then why was she all over Thor and he was off spitting poetry at girls?”

I shrugged, “Open relationship?”

Kaylee’s jaw dropped, “That wouldn’t be doubtful given the God’s track record. You can’t keep track of who slept with who, who even knows where half of them came from?”

I gasped, “Do you think they gather around randomly having orgies?”

“Ren!” Kaylee glared at me.

“What?” I laughed, “It’s just a theory and as you said, you can’t keep track of who slept with who.”

“Oh God!” Kaylee sighed, “Thor’s a sex maniac.”

I burst out laughing at her, “Sif might be too, God knows William needs it. At least you know he should be good in bed.” I winked at her.

She threw a pillow at me, “Ren you’re the worse!”

“Sorry Kay,” I smiled at her, “but we got to be realistic here, they were probably casual lovers.”

She shook her head, “I’m going to sleep Ren.”

……………………………

William:

I have to tell her how I feel about her. But how? She’s so amazing and not to mention scary when she wants to be. Does a guy like me even have a chance though?

“William?” Sif called my name pulling me out of my daze.

I looked at her and smiled.

“Are you okay?” She touched my shoulder, “You seem distracted by something.”

“I’m alright, thanks.” I smiled at her.

It takes everything I have not to kiss her when she looks at me, especially when she’s pursing her lips looking at me like that.

“Are you sure?” She raised her brow.

“Yeah.” I looked away quickly, “I should probably get back to my room. I’m a bit tired.”

“Hmm.” She grinned at me, “Are you tired or are you drunk? You don’t look like the type who can handle their drink.”

“What?” I gasped, “I had one drink for the entire night. I’m not that useless.”

“Prove it.” She poured some wine into a chalice and handed to me before pouring herself some. “Drink with me, if I pass out before you do then…” she trailed off.

“Then what?” I furrowed my brows at her confused.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged, “You choose.”

Was she flirting with me?

“Um,” I thought about it, “You teach me how to use a sword.”

“Oh?” she raised her perfect brow at me, “Is that it?” she smirked.

I nodded and held up my glass.

“Okay then.” She held up hers, “You’re on.”