Chapter 13: Encounters, encounters, encounters.

“So Kaylee,” she smiled softly at me, “I don’t believe we’ve been introduced.”

“Not really.” I said nervously not sure how to address her.

“I’m Frig.” She held my arm, “Just call me Frig.”

I nodded smiling back at her.

“I don’t know what Odin talked you about, but I’m the more rational one here.”

“Don’t all women tend to be?” I giggled.

“I like you more already,” she grinned, “are you enjoying your stay here?”

“Yes,” I nodded, “the handmaidens are very kind, thank you.”

“Good.” She hooked her hand through mine as we walked further through the garden.

“I hope my husband didn’t offend you too much last night.” She apologized.

“No,” I said quickly, “not at all. We had a very steady conversation and I think I understand his position.”

“So, then you know about Ragnarok?”

“Yes I do.” I exhaled, “Do you really like humans will cause it come soon?”

“I don’t know.” She shook her head, “But I’d like to think that when that comes that we can at peace and accept our fate as many have before us.”

“Wouldn’t you want to stop it?” I furrowed my brows, “I mean, if you could?”

“Not really. We’ve lived for centuries my dear, I’m not afraid to accept what would be.”

I frowned.

“Don’t be sad my child.” She held my hands, “I think we still have a long while to go before it comes.”

I forced a smile as we started walking again.

“How is your friend?” she shook her head, “I apologize for Loki’s behaviour.”

“She’s good now, thanks,” I chuckled remembering how crazy she was, “she’s making head dresses with the hand maidens.”

“Oh that is good,” she grinned at me, “I’m sorry I interrupted your time with Thor before.”

“It’s fine.”

“Kaylee,” she said in a serious as stopped in front of the fountain, “I know Thor loves you and you care about him.” She looked at me sternly, “Please, only eat the fruit if you’re absolutely certain about your feelings for my son.”

I gaped at her with parted lips but no words fell from my mouth.

She looked deep into my eyes, “If you eat that fruit, you will live forever until Ragnarok. Do not condemn yourself to that fate until you are sure that you love him.”

“Your Majesty?” A guard approached us, “Lord Odin will like to talk with you.”

She nodded to him before looking back at me with a worried look. “Remember, only if you’re certain.”

I nodded still in shock as she walked away.

What the hell did I get myself into?

William:

I can’t believe I slept with Sif last night. How drunk was I? Wait… how drunk was she? Never would I have ever thought that would happen. I didn’t even think I could touch her out of bounds and live to tell the tale about it.

“Stay focused Will!” Sif lunged at me with her sword.

I jumped in shock holding up the heavy blade trying to block her attack.