Chapter Seven: The Letter

I got a question..I had this theory in my head to do a Rihanna and J. Cole story🤔 I've never did a j.cole story so it was a thought..but let me know...yay or nay?😇💘
____

Los Angeles, California
April 30, 2015
12:45AM
Kehlani Ashley Parrish

Today...uh why today, I wasn't ready at all to come face to face with the women who left me alone when I was born..just a baby I was...I don't think I could stomach looking at her again after all these years, but then again..I wanted a explanation to why she left me..I needed to know why she wasn't there for me. I look out the passenger window watching as we pass lots of outlets and stores..but they would soon fade once we got farther to the correctional..I thought a lot about this and I wasn't going to lie..I was scared shitless to see my mother for the first time in so long, I made sure to bring my letter I wrote I just needed answers. "Aye Ced?" I turned to look at Cedric.

"What's up Lani?"

"You ever had a thought in the back of your mind about some shit with your mother..like anything she did while you were born?" He raised his eyebrow rubbing the back of his neck.

"No not really..why you ask?"

"Because that's how I'm kind of feeling in the inside..like I feel like some shit happened for her to just up and be sent to prison while I was a baby, I just don't understand that shit."

"Well you'll know once you ask her..Just make sure to keep it cool..knowing how your attitude is, I know you telling Won't be to pretty." I chuckle smiling a little. I looked back out the window seeing we were coming closer to this women's county correctional. "Well here we are Lani." He drove around to where the visitors needed to park, I sighed unclipping my seatbelt and looking over at him. "You'll be fine."

"Let's hope so."

"I know you will..go ahead." I smiled opening my door and hoping out. I looked up at the sign and took a deep breath before walking up to the door and walked inside to see a guard standing by the medal detectors Staring at me.

"Are you Kehlani Parrish?"

"Yes.." He nodded his head.

"Follow me please." I raised my eyebrow as I stuffed my hands into my white tsunami mob hoodie, I had my hood over my head because I was a bit nervous to see my mom, I didn't know if she would remember me or anything I just had these thoughts running back in fort in my brain. "Alright, you can't take any electronic devices, watches, anything that can used against the prisoners." I nodded slowly taking my phone out my pocket and placed it in the basket, I didn't really carry anything else besides my phone so I was in luck. He placed my basket with my phone in a socket with my name on it and he motioned me to follow him. "Your Ms. Parrish daughter aren't you?"

"Yea.." He nodded his head coming to a steel door and motioned for the person in the control room, I soon heard a loud Bing and the door opened up to a visiting area, it was empty thank god.

"Sit anywhere..she'll be out soon." He pointed to the table and I nodded as I walked over to the table and took a seat sighing once I looked around the dull looking room, as I dug in my pocket pulling out the letter I wrote to my mother I just stared at it and swallowed the lump in my throat trying to stay calm and not flip out. I soon heard that loud beep thing again already irritating the hell out of me. I didn't bother to turn around be I already knew it was her, I crossed my hands together shaking my leg as I bit into my bottom lip. "Ms. Parrish?" I looked over my shoulder and saw the guard motioning my mother to sit across from me. I stared at her, I'm kind of shocked..I thought she would look crazy..but she didn't.