Chapter Nineteen: Shit Happens

Washington, DC
July 5, 2015
8:23 AM
Robyn Rihanna Fenty

"What the hell ya' doing here?" I asked while staring at Lani, I wasn't happy at all ta' see her standing at the doorstep of this fucking room.

"Robyn please...I missed you."

"Ya' ass really waited a whole month ta' come here...in DC ta' say dat'?"

"Well...I tried coming to see you..and I c-"

"No ya' didn't..ya' know how long ago I check my phone..I barely check dat' shit Kehlani..so try again."

"Why are you speaking to me like we've never met each other? What's your problem because I'm afraid I don't even know who you are right now." I smirked placing the magazine on the desk as I walked over towards Lani.

"That's just it..ya' don' know me...just because we had a fling doesn't mean ya' know..because ya' never once tried ta' know the real me..ya' were ta' worried about how ya' friends would react ta' me and ya'..but yet ya' told only two of ya' friends about us..I honestly didn't care I just wanted ya' and only ya' but..ya' failed."

"Robyn don't say that."

"Hey...shit is not always played your wey'...ya' fooled me once but ya' not fooling me again, ya' can leave."

"No." I looked her dead in her eyes as they shined from the sun that beamed in the office, she looked like she'd be drained for so many years, she looked dead.

"Lani leave right now..we aren't about ta' do dis'."

"Robyn I love you...I do..I really do love you, why is that so hard to fucking believe Robyn? Huh? I mean it, you know why because I sat and thought of you nonstop and I cried my eyes out thinking of you and how you made me feel, you were the only one I could be myself around..stop pushing me away Robyn..just fucking take me back." I sighed shaking my head.

"No ya' don', ya' only saying dat' shit because I'm through with ya' shenanigans, we weren't meant fa' dis'." She walked over towards me and I backed awey', I held my hand up as I pursed my lips together.

"Let me prove it to you."

"Don', it won't change anything." Deep down inside I was hurting...badly, I didn't wanna say any of this ta' my baby..but sometimes ya' just gotta let dat' shit go and let it be..and that's exactly what I'm doing with Lani..it was a waist of my time and it was taking me out of what I'm really here for, and dat' is music. Not Love. "Kehlani...just leave." She had my hands clasped into hers and it felt good ta' have her hands on mines but it couldn't be this wey' it just couldn't.

"I-I-"

"Go." I said pulling my hands from her grip, Lani tucked her lips in as she stared at me, I wanted ta' just hug and kiss her soft ass lips but that would show that I'm being drawn into more of her games and I'm not going down that road, that's the last place I want ta' go.

"Ok." She said. She gave me an weak smile and walked closer ta' me, and I let her..I wanted her..I really did and this was my time ta' get her but my heart was pulling me back from even doing so. "I do love you Robyn." She licked her lips before she placed her hand on my cheek before pressing her lips to mines..only a peck though. She pulled a'wey sniffling and she walked out the office leaving me there speechless. I let out a deep breath as I let everything g surface, I can't believe I was so close to feeding into her shit, she know damn well she didn't call me nor try and come see me..because my ass would've been told but I wasn't..sadly. I sighed taking a seat in the plush chair crossing my legs as I wait fa' this interview ta' take place, I just couldn't get her face out my mind..how the wey' she looked when I shut her down, almost like I really hurt her. I placed both my hands on my face just shaking my head.